PDA

View Full Version : Well how was it?

VCHunter
02-04-2001, 02:32 PM
Well now that our season is over, how did all of you guys do. I had a great hunt yesterday with Jossie and 2 other guys, we all limited out. Shot 2 more this morning up around Potwin. My total this year for just me was 17 geese. I am very pleased with how my first season ever went and can't wait til next year. Hoping to add maybe a dozen bigfoots and a dozen supermag shells. Let me know if you need to get rid of some! Well lets hear how you guys did this year.
Tim

------------------
Loaded, Locked, Ready to Rock

goose_caller
02-04-2001, 06:00 PM
It was sweet and sour this season. My season in Minnesota this year was poor, I think my total was 170 geese. Texas was another story. I was down there for a month and ended up with 662 Canada's. That kind of made up for the Minnesota hunting this season.

VCHunter
02-04-2001, 08:53 PM
Now I'm not a math genius or anything, but 662 in one month comes out to 21.35 geese per day, assuming 31 days in the month. How many guys did you have hunting?!?!? That is nuts!
Tim

------------------

goose_caller
02-04-2001, 11:19 PM
The funny thing is I only worked 19 days out of that month. I was in North Texas and we spanked them bad. The guide service I was working for ended up with around 6500 Canadians for the season.

Jossie
02-05-2001, 10:24 AM
I thought we had a great season down here, we went on 11 strictly goose hunts only and came away with 94 canadas,and 18 speckeled bellies. This was with a group of three to four guys. I got to meet Tim and his friend and had him down here several times and enjoyed his company, I look forward to hunting again with him next year.By the way Tim, how many geese did you and Brock drop when that group of 250 geese landed on top of you Saturday???? and you know I would'nt exaggerate those numbers.....hehehehe, bang....bang....bang...bang....bang....bang....... DAMN!!!
By the way I have one of your goose shells in my truck, found it yesterday when I cleaned it out.
Man Goose_caller sounds like you guys had quit a season!!Did you get to spank any of those geese or did you have to work the whole time?

VCHunter
02-05-2001, 01:31 PM
Hey now I think it was more like 7 or 8 geese in that group. At least I was able to get one of them. I was actually surprised that Brooks shot as well as he did, since he had never seen geese decoy before. By the way, how many did you shoot all day? Thanks for lettin us have the hot spot! I realized I left that shell in there as we were setting up Sunday morning. No big deal, I don't like them things and was planning on gettin rid of them anyways. Hey John doesn't wanna sell me a dozen or so oh his bigfoots does he? yeah right....
I'm looking forward to next year as well. Hopefully I can find some good spots around manhattan so I don't have to drive home every weekend to hunt. I don't think I can afford that...Now lets here how the rest of you did this year.
Tim

------------------

Eric
02-05-2001, 02:31 PM
VC Hunter, It's kind of hard for me to talk about the season since it is OVER. I shot 17 Canada and 2 Snow geese this year. It was my second full season and I had a great time. Sure learned a lot and hope I don't forget too much in the next nine months. I am going thru withdrawals.
ERIC

goose_caller
02-05-2001, 04:28 PM
I usually never plan to shoot, I let the customers shooting decide that for me. I ended up shooting half the time which is enough for me.

Jossie
02-06-2001, 08:04 PM
Vc hunter, Actually you and Brooks did shoot very well, but I bet next time Brooks puts one on the ground and it starts running away, he'll shoot it instead of running after it.LOL So did Brooks have a good time?I'm glad we could get him some geese.
Believe it or not those geese were back in that same field Sunday.Then they flew north across the road on to another wheat field. Man I sure do wish our season was a little longer.
So did you guys see alot of geese at Potwin? Sounds like you did pretty good if you shot a couple.
Umm, No I don't think john wants to sell any deeks....heheheh
So what happened to KU last night?....Iowa state looked pretty darn good...jeeez, could those boys shot the 3 pointers or what!

VCHunter
02-06-2001, 08:37 PM
Yeah Brooks had a great time. He hasn't stopped talking about it since we got back. I think he has told everyone he finally shot some geese, but he didn't tell them where...We saw a lot at Potwin and I think with a better spread we would've been done in 20 minutes. They came off a pond across the road from us in groups of 10-20 for about 30 minutes straight but we only had my decoys plus 2 more dozen standard shells in a plowed corn field so the couldn't see them to well. With some bigfoots and windsocks I think we would've been in business. They would fly straight at us 50 yards up but then not come in. Later in the morning I turned a group of about 20 that was flying away from us and got them to come in and lock about 40 yards up and I was pretty sure they were gonna make one more swing and drop in. At this point a said don't take 'em (I had called the other shots that morning) but i guess the kid's dad who was with us didn't hear me. He was on my left on the far end and the birds swung on the other side and he got up and shot when they started to swing. I think they were at least 60 yards out! I was pissed but didn't say anything. I couldn't believe he just popped up and shot. I guess he thought they weren't gonna swing(he's not an experienced goose hunter). I was pretty confident and so was Brooks that they we're gonna swing and come down. They had already started to make the turn and the guy shot. If he would've let them come who knows how many we woulda shot, we had 5 guys. Oh well. Well sorry for the long story but I felt like sharing.
Make sure if John does decide to get out of hunting that you don't steal ALL his decoys, I want at least a couple! Later,
Tim

------------------

Jossie
02-07-2001, 09:22 PM
There, now we reached 100 threads...yeeehaw!
Sorry guys just had to do it!

Cut-um
06-06-2003, 08:19 PM
I was just playing around tonight and found this, times sure have changed haven't they???:OM: :Wt :OM: Hey Bee'll and Tim, remember when you used to be usefull???:hest: :OUCH: :up:

Jossie
06-06-2003, 08:39 PM
YUP!!! That was when we were still trying to be polite.

The beginning of the downfall......Little did we know how useless we would become.

I garuntee, I would'nt give Tim the hot spot now:OUCH: :OUCH: :NO: :wak:

Thanks for the memories Rich:OM: :OM:

Cut-um
06-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Anytime Bee'll....:Art: :OUCH: :Art:

VCHunter
06-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Funny you brought this post up, I was cleaning my room today Bill and found a picture from that hunt with Brooks and another from the hunt with your son. You know, the one where 1500 geese finished and you didn't get to shoot cuz your gun was broken??? :Rich:

Jossie
06-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Uhhh....no Tim......I don't remember that hunt at all.... What hunt????:CL: :CL: :CL:

Must have been your bi-yearly room cleaning??? Try doing it tri-yearly Tim, give's you a whole extra year to rest up inbetween cleanings.:ST: :OUCH: