PDA

View Full Version : Looks like i`ll be the one to start it off.

buckduck
08-20-2000, 09:29 PM
I hunt more than geese so i`ll just report it all.Now I quit hunting tree rats several years ago,chigers,poison ivy, heat and those flying blood sucking mosquitos,hard of hearing and had to go to glasses that seem to fog up every time i look up and I`d rather clean a deer any day..Well my 9 year old grandson wants to hunt tree rats.I took him a couple of times last year and once last week and we saw plenty of tree rat and brought home the limit.Well today was special for him i borrowed a friends 20 ga cut down single shot.The first time for the boy to take a gun hunting instead of just tagging along.Dawn broke raining.He was so excited we drove to the hunting site and waited 3 hours for the rain to stop.After the rain the blood suckers were extra bad thought i was going to loose my ears and I have big ears.haha We were setting against a tree and a tree rat came by running over my grandsons boot,then up a tree into a hole before we could shoot.Only one we saw all morning.So goes our tree rat hunt for today.I think this forum is a great idea.

------------------
Fight gun control.It`s hard to kill ducks with a rocks,and you might just keep America free.

limey
08-24-2000, 10:48 AM
Went out after pigeons on peas on saturday, thought I may get some practice in before the season starts.Phil came down from London with his pigeon magnet. We set up at about 11:30 am and by 7:30 we had 171 birds!!!I have never shot that many birds in my life.It took about 400 cartridges and my shoulder is a bit sore but I love it.One week left boys and off i go!!

buckduck
08-24-2000, 12:04 PM
Hey limey,I was woundering if they still shoot peigons in england,now I know.I have a friend that was stationed there in the airforce.He used to shoot peigons and trap with a lord that was a good friend of his.

------------------
Fight gun control.It`s hard to kill ducks with a rocks,and you might just keep America free.

Blackduck
08-24-2000, 08:11 PM
Wow, that's a lot of birds!!!!

limey
08-26-2000, 03:48 AM
Yea, we still shoot pigeons over here, there are more now than ever.The record bag so far is about 1100 between four guns. As you can see , thems a big pest.Have you any idea, Buckduck, where your friend was stationed and who the Lord was?Limey