PDA

View Full Version : Goose and duck jerky

Jossie
11-06-2000, 06:42 PM
For this recipe you will need a meat grinder, jerky shooter,and a dehydrator. This is for 5lb of meat. Sometimes I will mix 4lb of duck or goose with 1lb of venison, or if you don't have venison you can use lean hamburger.Grind your meat up and add:
1 1/2 Tsp tender quick
5 Tsp salt
2 Tsp Black pepper
2 Tsp Garlic powder
1 Tsp Cayenne pepper
3 Tsp Accent
2 TBL liquid smoke
2 TBL soy sauce

Mix all your ingredients with the meat in a big bowel, cover with plastic wrap and let sit in refrigrator for a least a couple of hours.
If you like your jerky hotter, ( which I do) add more black pepper, cayenne pepper, a little tobasco sauce and red pepper flakes.
Shoot the meat on to the trays and dehydrate for 8 to 10 hrs.
My kids eat this stuff like candy. Try it, I think you wil like it.

Jossie
10-31-2001, 08:50 PM
Bump, I have a friend looking for this receipe, thought I would make it easier for him to find.

MIGRATOR
11-02-2001, 07:07 AM
The recipe sounds great but I really don't want to mix my food in a big BOWEL!!! :D

Jossie
11-02-2001, 10:36 AM
Migrator, You remember Gandermans secert ingredient? Now you know what my secert ingredient is. Except my ingredient changes from day to day,it just depends on who's "bowel" you use, and what they had for dinner the night before :p ;)

Who knows maybe someday I'll try mixing it up in a "BOWL" and see how that turns out.

ganderman
11-07-2001, 09:18 PM
Hey Jossie, my "secret" ingredient comes from the other end. You DID notice that I don't use much salt in my recipe?!?!?!

BWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

ganderman

Jossie
11-08-2001, 10:12 AM
Ya know Ganderman, I thought I was a little sick, but you are really one sick puppy :p :D

Seek help Gman.....seek help! ;)

Oh and by the way.....how do you know about this salt thing?.......experience maybe?
Bwhahahahaha!!!

ganderman
11-08-2001, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I know about the salt thing.

I always kiss your woman goodbye!!!!

Have I gone too low or have others not gone low enough?!?!?!?

Nice to see you around Jossie, as you can see, you and I got a lot of catching up to do!!! hehehe!!!

ganderman

Jossie
02-09-2002, 11:27 AM
bump