PDA

View Full Version : any good sky-carp recipes?

teamh
02-13-2001, 11:34 PM
whats the best way to prepare these little suckers?
--teamh

Justin
02-14-2001, 09:36 AM
Proper Preparation begins when hunting. Try to find a group of guys that REALLY want to kill geese. Take them with you into the field. When the flocks start coming, (now this is the important part) shoot the birds out of the sky and then compliment them on thier fine shooting (say things like: Wow I have never seen anyone get a quadruple on snows!!!) They may be so impressed that it just may work. Also be sure to curse loudly that you are REALLY mad that you can't seem to hit them. When they leave the field with all of "their" birds go and buy your self a hamburger!!! Voila... Prepared to perfection.

Seriously though I have had some DAMN nice jerky made from the little guys.

P.S. Keep my secret recipe a secret. I am going in a couple weeks and want to be able to pull it off as long as possible. HA HA.

Justin

Heavy Gougin'
02-14-2001, 01:48 PM
I make a lot of jerky with mine but you should really check out cut-ums pecan dusted goose with pepperjelly recipe. It sounds awesome and fairly easy!
HG

Cut-um
02-14-2001, 10:02 PM
Snows take plenty of flack about being trash for the table but I have to disagree. I believe that a bird is what it eats. If it eats good grain or corn, then the meat is fine. If it eats crap, well you get the idea. Doesn't matter if it's a Snow, Speck or a Honker... http://64.176.94.12/ubb/wink.gif

The way I like to cook them is the pecan recipe with jelly, grilling stuffed with jalepeno, garlic and green onion or in a gumbo. A little marinade never hurts but I rarely do it. Try it this way and I'd put a snow up against a honker anyday. In fact, I doubt if most could tell a difference.

That's just my opinion for what it's worth, which usually isn't much...hehehehehe... http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif

Heavy Gougin'
02-15-2001, 12:26 PM
The South Dakota GF&P has a few good ones too! I just checked them out and got my eye on one of them!!!
HG

duckpoor
02-16-2001, 02:13 PM
Try this: Breast out the geese, soak in light salt water 1/2 hour or so. Mix 1 part soy , 2 parts lemon juice and bit of dry mustard. Split the breast long ways and drop them in a zip lock with the soy and lemon. Leave then as long as convient up to overnight. Fry them in margarine at the lowest temp that will keep the marg. bubbling.. Real slow for about 10 min a side. eat as sandwiches with or without steak sause. Not bad. Best when you are cold and starved... Really they are very tender and quite good.

------------------
Share the experience.

teamh
02-27-2001, 10:42 PM
i`m getting hungry reading your posts! all my venison, fish, and ducks & geese are gone. i wish this freakin weather would warm up s the little buzzards would come up into the dakotas! i guess i`ll just have to go to NE!!
--teamh

Cut-um
08-26-2001, 06:37 PM
bump