PDA

View Full Version : Grilled Backstrap

Cut-um
12-01-2000, 01:12 AM
Marinate backstrap in teriyaki overnight. Take the backstrap and make a slit lengthwise from both ends (in the center). Insert a green onion, a slice of jalapeno and a clove of garlic in slits. Sprinkle "Montreal Steak Seasoning" on the outside and grill to medium rare on the pit. I also do this with venison roasts and it's the best I've found. It's tender and full of flavor....

Oh yea, it works with Ostrich too...:hest:

ganderman
12-01-2000, 02:11 AM
Ostrich? You are shooting the wrong kind of birds man!! I'd like to breast out one of those!! I could make a lot of jerky out of one of those things!! hehe!!

ganderman

Greg Keats
12-03-2000, 08:05 PM
Hmmmmmmm, where'd you get that Montreal Steak Seasoning?

Cut-um
12-03-2000, 11:20 PM
Greg:

I met this Yankee in Mantitoba a couple of years a go and he gave me some. Pretty good stuff. You ought to try it sometime...hehe...

Ganderman:

My neighbor gave me the Ostrich meat and to make a long story short, Don't ever take an egg from your pet Ostrich. Seems he kept a couple on his hunting land as pets and one day he and a bud decided to steal an egg. Bad mistake, the Ostrich got pissed and tried to kill them. They jumped into the truck and the bird trashed the truck trying to get them. In his words, "It's amazing what a turkey load will do to a three hundred pound bird." Sounds like self defense to me. Anyway, it was some pretty good stuff. I can't wait to get some more. Maybe I should tell him you can buy it it the stores...lol...

[This message has been edited by Cut-um (edited 12-04-2000).]

Cut-um
12-25-2000, 10:42 PM
I tried this yesterday using "Tiger Sauce" with goose breast and it was unbelievable !!! Ya have to try it!!!

goosejuicer
01-19-2001, 06:14 PM
Montreal Steak Spice is a staple for those of us up here who live north of the border. It is common up here...sold in all the grocery stores. Put that on a steak or chop and you don't need anything else. I assume it comes from Montreal, Quebec, but I don't know its history. Can you get the stuff down in LA. cut-um? Greg, gotta get your hands on some!

Cut-um
01-19-2001, 08:57 PM
Greg turned me onto it up in Manitoba a couple of years ago. Believe it or not I found it here and bought the jumbo container...lol... Nothing goes on the grill without a little of that magic on it.