PDA

View Full Version : Chiavetta's???

KSgoose
11-20-2002, 06:18 AM
Hey guys, looking for some new ways to fix goose. I remember someone on one of the forums using Chiavetta's bbq marinade.
Anyone on the Canadian forum use this stuff and how are you cookin your goose!

Thanks for the help!:cool:

goosecollar
11-20-2002, 09:45 AM
Haven't tried that yet, or actually heard of it, I imagine it is gooood.

I stuff my geese with as many cut up apples as i can. Mix one can of frozen orange juice with just one can of water, with breast down in the roasting pan pour the orange juice mixture over. Throw some; sage, poultry seasoning, celery salt, and some worchester over bird. The key is tin foil over the goose, shiny side down. 350 degrees ,let it be 4or5 hours, the breast falls right off, nice and easy way of doing it.

While you go outside and clean the blood off your garage floor, and feathers that have added up for the week, and decoys that have gathered in a pile, your goose is still in the oven...fine, still cooking . Sundays are perfect for this. Hope this is usefull.

cross-otter
11-20-2002, 11:46 AM
I prefer to skin my geese. this way i put them in the slow cooker, breast down. Add a can of fruit cocktail and a cup or two of water.
put in cooker at breakfast time and take out at supper. meat falls off the bone, nice and tender--also makes great sandwiches cold.

goosefacedkilla
11-20-2002, 12:36 PM
Chivettas is great stuff! I use it to marinade all sorts of meat, both game and store bought! Tastes great when grilling! Just let the meat sit in it over night and throw it on a nice hot grill....MMMM MMMM GOOD! Take it from a fat guy!

cross-otter
11-20-2002, 01:16 PM
forgot to mention sun dried tomato and oregano salad dressing.
try it with goose breasts and venison as well.

gandergrinder
11-20-2002, 02:16 PM
I've gone as far as boiling a goose in Chiavettas!! WOW!! Good stuff...............Almost as good as the goose balls.:Rich:

goosefacedkilla
11-20-2002, 04:02 PM
Now don't go overboard GG! There is not much that is better than the goose balls...other than a nice cut of filet mignon! :Art:

Fowlmouth
11-20-2002, 04:47 PM
MMMMMMM goose balls:Art: you have to love those!

KSgoose
11-20-2002, 05:06 PM
Goose Balls??? Can you enlighten me on this one??:confused:

Or is that a "stone the is best left unturned!!"

Thanks for the info, I will get some chievettas ordered. Hope to have it by Thanksgiving for some bacon wrapped goose kabobs!!

VTblackfoot
11-20-2002, 05:08 PM
where can ya get that stuff? I have been wanting to try the goose balls, but couldn't find the recipe---anyone wanna give it up:confused:

KSgoose
11-20-2002, 05:10 PM
VT, here is a link I found to order it.

http://www.chiavettascatering.com/products.php3

goosefacedkilla
11-20-2002, 05:22 PM
Gooseballs.....Recipe....what are you guys talking about?:confused: I don't know of any stinkin goose balls! (damn they're good!) :DR: MMMMMMM GOOOOOOOSEBALLLLSSSSS!!!

GaggleGetter
11-20-2002, 07:09 PM
I hope this is not supposed to remain a secret cause I'm about to give away a recipe that would make Colnel Sanders jealous. Cut long strips of goose breast fairly thin roll it around a hot or mild jalapeno pepper and then wrap it with bacon. Poke a toothpick through to hold it all together. Marinate in Buttermilk and whatever spice you like (garlic, italian dressing, chinese 5 spice powder whatever) and let soak for as long as you can stand it. 24 hours preferably. Cook SLOWLY on BBQ to torture friends and family. Awesome way to eat goose. I would like to try this in the oven slow cooked in a sweet sour hot sauce with a little beer thrown in for flavour. Hey you wanna know what makes a great marinate and tenderizer..... Coca Cola. That stuff could make a 2$ steak taste like Filet Mignon. Ask Daffysdoom about the pecan dusted deep fried goose breasts.........drool factor 10 baby...Happy hunting and all these recipes require ice cold beer chasers for full effect. I would like to know how Stubblebum made that turkey he had at the fishing tourney last spring.....good stuff

STUBBLE BUM
11-21-2002, 07:34 AM
Damn; I didn't have breakfast this morning and you're making me hungry. Those goose balls were awesome and I am going to try it with a few mallards that got too close this morning. As for the turkey. Remove the meat from the breast bone and flash boil in a pot of rolling boiling water for about three minutes. Remove and cut into strips (about the size of commercially prepared chicken strips). In a frying pan (cast iron skillet is best) you want to have some bacon leavings (grease and bits) add some butter and a generous amount of Diana's honey garlic sauce. Turn the heat up until it starts to carmelize and then add your strips. Stir constantly until the strips are covered with the sticky mixture and then add fresh flakes of garlic, freshly ground black pepper and some Italian seasoning and cook on low for about five minutes. I am looking forward to turkey season now. I roasted the other one at Thanksgiving and it was very good too.:uh:

GaggleGetter
11-21-2002, 08:33 AM
Thanks Stubble I'm going to try that recipe....don't have any wild turkey but it I'll have to settle for the commercial stuff

VTblackfoot
11-21-2002, 10:24 AM
Thanks GG - gonna try it this weekend!!:Art:

goosefacedkilla
11-21-2002, 02:14 PM
Well, Gagglegetter apparently spilled the beans, only he got the recipe WRONG! . If you are gonna make Goose balls, make them the right way! It is 2 parts Buttermilk to one part Italian Dressing (Bluewing's Favorite Dressing). Marinate the Goose strips for a minimum of 24 hours. Then lay out a slice of bacon with a goose strip on top of it, then put a banana pepper on one end and roll it all up, piercing it with a toothpick to hold it all together. Then grill them up. Bon Apetite!
:BM:

gandergrinder
11-21-2002, 02:23 PM
GFK...........................Thanks for setting those crazy Quebecker's straight. That is how you make the famous "gooseballs'!!!!

Sean (VT) You should definitely try my recipe out..................I promise you won't be dissapointed!!

GaggleGetter is for sure right on about the Coca Cola being a good tenderizer/marinade. Also, I suggest Dr. Pepper!!

MMMMMMM, MMMMMMMM, GOOOOOOD!!!!!!:Rich: