PDA

View Full Version : Goose Jerky is done!!!!

nocalhonker
11-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Well I got a couple of honker this week so I decided to make jerky!! It takes me three Breast from 10 lbs birds to do a batch. Man I love it!!!! My daughters are at their grandparents house. That good because maybe I'll actually get some jerky!!! When there home and I make goose jerky there like sharks on a feeding frenzy. Old dads stays back as to not loose his fingers. Nocalhonker

Cut-um
11-22-2002, 09:20 PM
So when are you sending some over ???:h20: :pl: :h20: Just kidding...http://www.sgtfuzzbubble99.homestead.com/files/Smilies/WCA/grinno.gif If it's not a secret, post your recipe on the recipe forum. We're always looking for another good one.http://www.sgtfuzzbubble99.homestead.com/files/Smilies/WCA/grinyes.gif

Love to hunt
11-24-2002, 10:34 AM
Nocalhonker, post up your recipe and also how you do it. I've wanted to try doing some duck breast. Does yours have any wild taste to it.

nocalhonker
11-24-2002, 01:40 PM
I'll post it but I'm at work and won't be home until friday. I believe I got it off here in the first place. Off the top of my head it is 1/4 cup Soy
2-3 Table spoons of Worchester sauce.
some Garlic Powder & onion powder unsure on amount
1/4 teaspoon of Pepper
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
3 table spoons of cream of sherry
dash of tabasco sauce.
I soaked it over night.
These are it I think acouple I can't remember off hand if some no's this recipe they might be able to correct any mistakes. This will do one honker breast from about a 10lbs bird. I triple it and use three breasts which fit into my dyhdrator. I slice it on a meat slicer. Nocalhonker

NWMOhunter
11-24-2002, 09:50 PM
I made some jerky last week before deer season. The breast (2 halves) resulted in just under 2 pounds of meat. Instead of a marinade I used the High Mountain Jerky seasoning which I bought at the local grocery store. Sliced the meat, mixed up the seasoning and cure (as directed), sprinkled the mix on the meat and then let sit for 24+ hours.

This 1 breast pretty much filled the 2 racks of my Brinkman smoker. I dried them out pretty good cause I like my jerky tough. VERY GOOD!!!!!