PDA

View Full Version : Flambeau duck decoys

Brett Neffendorf
12-02-2002, 11:43 AM
There are standard mallard fleambeau decoys for sale in cabelas and macks for 27.99. I was wondering if those are pretty good decoys are does the paint chip easily or what?

I was thinking of buying a dozen but only if they are pretty good decoys and can take alot. Thanks guys

fowlguy
12-02-2002, 05:19 PM
you cant expect a lot from decoys that retail for $27.99, I use flambeaus and the paint last about 2 years.

dcbassman
12-03-2002, 10:54 AM
I've had ggod luck with the paint on my Falmbeau's. I did put sand and sealed the water keel. That help cause they tend to roll over when tossing them out. Also helps when it's real windy.

Dave

Cackler
12-03-2002, 06:17 PM
Hey Bret I might have a few unopened cases. If your intrested give me a PM.

Brett Neffendorf
12-03-2002, 08:29 PM
Sent you a PM.... Thanks.

RAYO
12-05-2002, 07:53 PM
I have 3 dozen flambous and thats what i use for my duck decoys. I have had them for 3 years now and trust me...ive put them through a beatin and use them about 4 out of the 7 days of the week. The paint it chipped a lil now but they last pretty long for being so cheap in cost. I still decoy ducks and i havent repainted them yet. :BM:

Wtrfwlr
12-11-2002, 08:24 PM
I've used these decoys as well for a couple of years, and have no complaints. I did buy a couple dozen a month ago for $20 a dozen. I use them in picked corn or soybeans as field dekes. It's pretty inexpensive for lightweight field decoys.

CookedGoose
01-11-2003, 04:54 PM
I do a lot more duck hunting than goose hunting and in my opinion flambeau duck deeks are one of the most durable/cheapo deeks on the market. I have buddies who have had flambeaus that dated back to the 80's and they still have their paint. The only thing about flams that I dont like is the body style of the mallards. If you look at a real mallard then look at a flam deek, the heads on those deeks are truly jacked up. I personally dont use them, but my friends who do swear by em. If I were you I would just spend the extra money and get some of those new herters photo deeks that has a picture of one being ran over by a truck and not breaking.(cant remember exact name)

WapitiHunter2
01-12-2003, 10:42 AM
I have three dozen flambeau Mallard decoys. I got them this season, and the paint is coming off, 2 have broke, and 3 started leaking at the keel (easy fix). I have four dozen Bond mallard decoys, and they are great for the price. The paint stays on, no leakers, more realistic paint job, and they look like a duck. I wish they made magnums.