PDA

View Full Version : Flock Hunt??

ksgoosehnter
12-11-2002, 03:07 PM
I am thinking about organizing a group hunt west of Quivira. It would probably be a day or 2 before or after Christmas. We hunted some ground around Radium over Thanksgiving. There were 1000's of birds in the area coming from Quivira and the Cheyenne Bottoms. I would like to get 10-12 guys and about 500-1000 decoys to set out.

If anyone would be interested post a thread, include how many people you would have and how many decoys. ( and what type)

rockandroll_kid
12-11-2002, 03:14 PM
I will be in great bend on xmas eve
I have 4 eliminators, 10 dozen outlaws, dozen bigfoots
and a big ass snow setup

Bart
12-11-2002, 03:23 PM
Depending on the dates I might be game. Probably two hunters and I can easily transport 5 doz Bigfeet, maybe more.

ksgoosehunter
12-11-2002, 03:36 PM
Myself and my die hard buddy would be game. We would have 4 dozen foots, 3 dozen outlaws and 1 finisher.

How was the hunting around radium?? When we were up that way there were thousands headed that way. Did they decoy worth a darn??

kugohuntn
12-11-2002, 04:26 PM
I would be interested. Dont have much in the way of extra stuff and I cant call for shit, BUt i would like to hunt. I have 16 foots and my power hunter blind. I have a 2 polaris 500's that i could bring to haul decoys.

Gohuntn

Ryhlee
12-11-2002, 06:11 PM
Well if Duck Boat, Hooker, CRC and I were to come we could bring 15 dozen foots, 2 pro guides, 1 finisher, a four wheeler and whatever crap you need. They went and got the trailer tonight. So we are in it.

Jossie
12-11-2002, 08:46 PM
Well if it's on a weekend count me and a friend in, weekday count me out. Could bring 4 to 5 dz bigfoots (just depends on how many I could get into the truck), and my goose destroyer blind and a flag. Also have a bunch of shells, if your interested in those, and 2 dz windsocks.

Just curious, how many flags would we have?
I've got 1.

Natasha
12-11-2002, 09:00 PM
I am in the same boat as Jossie, weekdays I have to work. Christmas Eve I have a blind at Nodaway. I know of two guys that could join me, we all have finisher blinds. One is a good caller, and myself and the other guy are good killers. As for decoys we could probably round up 4 dozen decoys bigfoots and silos.

YellowLab
12-12-2002, 10:18 AM
I would be interested. I've got a Pro-Guide. 18 foots, 4 doz. shells, and 5 doz. Outlaws.

goosegetter
12-12-2002, 10:39 AM
I am game 12 foots, five dozen shell, two dozen silos, and one eliminator

ksgoosehnter
12-12-2002, 11:16 AM
Thanks for all the interest. I hope all of you can make it. With everyone that has shown interest, we would have around 1000 decoys. Almost 500 bigfoots, I would love to see that spread.

I am not sure exactly when. Let me know when would be best for you guys. I will be available from the weekend before Christmas until the weekend after.

Has anyone ever participated in a large hunt like this before? I have never done it before but have heard of it. If you have participated let me know how they did it and how it went.

Looking forward to making the final plans, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks Ksgoosehnter

Ryhlee
12-12-2002, 11:19 AM
I think these kinds of hunts usually involve a lot of beer and lots of each other telling each other how cool we are. :cool: :OUCH: BS:

Jossie
12-12-2002, 11:31 AM
#1 Thing that needs to be done is make sure everybody has there decoys marked in some way. I have the bottems of my big foots feet spray painted with a white dot on them. The last thing you want is people going home without all there dec's or more than there fair share.

We set up a pretty massive spread a couple of years ago, could'nt tell you how many were in it but it was a bunch. Basically just set it up in a very large U pattern and had them spread out about 1/4 to a 1/3 of a mile. The guys that got the shooting rotated out of there spots so the guys that were'nt gettting, did.

Weekends work best for me, I already know that I have a family Christmas dinner on the 21st so that is out for me. But if that works for everybody else than don't let that stop ya.

Dallas Woolf
12-12-2002, 11:43 AM
Might count me in also depending on the date. I can bring footers if needed. Have my own blind. Jeff will be in also depending on the date and his time.
Thanks for your post.

VCHunter
12-12-2002, 11:56 AM
I would definitely try and be there. I can bring another 50 foots and 2 Finishers if need be.

If Dallas brings decoys we just went from 500 foots to about 725 foots...:MS: :pl: :wak:

Ryhlee
12-12-2002, 12:00 PM
I know that back in Beel and Tem's day they had to walk miles to get to their field and they carried all the decoys on their backs and they didnt have shoes, and and had to shoot the birds with bow and arrow, and did this not for fun but for food. But I think we should make sure we can drive out into the field. I get exhausted after one trip in the field just carrying myself. :SK:

DC
12-12-2002, 12:50 PM
I might be able to...

20 foots and around 7 dozen silos...

DuckHnt
12-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Damn Boys lots of people. River Rat and I have 4 doz foots 2 doz silo's and shells and our own blinds. Were in!

Also we are working on our hunt for you all. Today e had a field with 500-700 geese on it the last 4 days morning and night. Today we had 1 flock of 30 early that flared then had one single come and smack. They all were on a new field 3 miles from us when we left. Damn birds anyway!!!

Tim Williams
12-12-2002, 03:44 PM
rilea, you're going to make it where I have to go, just to show you how it's done, aren't you? :SE: I'll see if Jerry is interested in making the trip.

Duck Boat
12-12-2002, 10:33 PM
any time before xmas would be fine :Art: :Rich:

Jossie
12-12-2002, 10:50 PM
Forgot one thing Michael.......it was all up hill to!!:ST: :ST: :Art:

GooseSmith
12-13-2002, 01:49 PM
I may be able to make it if you still have room. I can add around 150 mixed decoys , a couple flags, & an X-lander. Sounds like great fun. Also a 4x4 four wheeler & 10'x5' trailer........oh did I mention lots of poor shooting..........

ROush #17
12-13-2002, 04:30 PM
Depending on the date i would be game i am new to goose hunting and don't have a layout blind yet, may have one before christmas don't know yet. So if someone could help me out i would really love to get this experience i have never really been "GOOSE" hunting but have hunted many fields and which I have bagged a goose. If you guys need to know anything or have any good deals on xlander, elimanator, or any other ideas i am wanting one but can't find the right price, shoot me a pm. Thanks

Jossie
12-13-2002, 05:20 PM
Hey ROush, take a look at the thread "I made my decision". You wont' find a blind any cheaper than that. I bumped it up to the top for ya......good luck!

HOOKER1
12-13-2002, 05:54 PM
Rode thier horses to school and if it snowed they carried them home.

ROush #17
12-13-2002, 08:36 PM
Jossie thanks for the info i will take a hard look into that and get some extra money somehow and get it before they change to much in price.

twells
12-16-2002, 07:19 AM
I could do it on a weekend, but i need to know in advance! I would be bringing 6 doz assorted silos, shells, and a few foots. also i flag and my buddy and i aren't to shabby on the old call!

thomas

huntnfish
12-20-2002, 07:40 PM
We hope that everyone can make it that is expressing interest. There are still ALOT of bird going to Radium. We are able to hunt most all the ground around there so we will be able to hunt on the X. There are supposed to be around 120,000 snows still in the area. So if any of you guys have snow/blue decoys we can use all that we can get. The more decoys the better. We are going to scout the geese all week so we can have the best field. Hopefully we can get lots of decoys and some wheather and have a good time. As soon as you guys know for sure if you can come, post up and let us know what you are bringing again. We will post again later in the week a time and place to meet. From the look of it we are going to have a nice spread. We will be bringing 7dz bigfeet, 12 dz pro series realgeese and a few shells. The more decoys the better!. Talk to everyone later.

Xtremefowler
12-21-2002, 07:52 AM
I might be interested I am on my way back home and ready to pound some birds!!!!! I have 10 doz. foots, 18 Hardcores, some realgeese pro's and extra blinds and and too much other crap to mention to contribute. Keep me in formed.