PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Poison????

kugohuntn
12-19-2002, 03:20 PM
Ok I know it is agains the rules to actually talk about something usefull, and im sure it has been coverd a thousand times.

What type of Choke tube do you use. People say that the performance choke tubes really make a noticable diffrence with steel shot. I know many of you use these so post up and let me know what you you and why you picked it. I can read all the BS off their sites, but what is your experience..

I am going to give myself one for christmas since i am in such a mood to be giving..

Gohuntn:Art:

:wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak:

VCHunter
12-19-2002, 03:34 PM
I shot my factory improved cylinder all last year and have been using the factory mod. this year, but I think I might get myself a Wad Wizard for Christmas...:wak:

Bart
12-19-2002, 03:52 PM
I use one of the older ************** and have no complaints.

Natasha
12-19-2002, 07:10 PM
The only aftermarket choke I have ever used was a turkey choke, the undertaker. And it does throw a nice patterm. As far as steel shot tubes, I have never felt the need for one. I used to use my beretta O/U with a modified and IC chokes for waterfowl, and never had a problem. This year I bought an Extrema and have had good luck with the IC. I like the results even better than when I was using my O/U, maybe it's the extended chokes or maybe it is because I switched to Fasteel. I personally wouldn't mess with it, unless your having a serious problem.

jayhawker
12-19-2002, 08:04 PM
Kelly, lets face it, a new choke tube is just not going to solve your problems.:rf:

center12
12-20-2002, 05:19 AM
NO SHIT!!! You'd think that as much as he practices his "pumping" technique he wouldn't have any trouble shuck'n that gun.:JW: :bh: :hit:

YellowLab
12-20-2002, 06:52 AM
Wad Wizard

Yeah, it's a little spendy, but worth it.

Wad wizard + Fasteel= just put it on them and wack away.

DC
12-20-2002, 02:22 PM
I use one of those........... you know. I put it in after Turkey season and take it out before turkey season!

I shoot ducks, geese, etc... with it. Blew holes through some ducks last weekend! Nothing like feathers exiting the opposite side of a big fat mallet!!!

River Rat
12-20-2002, 04:22 PM
I just started using a "you know what" this season, and holy crap!! it does put the hurt on those birds:wak:
DC, i never tried shooting a "big fat MALLET" before:DR::rf: :rf:

Xtremefowler
12-21-2002, 07:07 AM
I used to shoot a ************* out of my benelli but I tried all kinds of shells and could not get it to pattern like I wanted. I now have an undertaker long range extened that I just love. They are around 50.00 in mack's and well wort it in my opinion. Also you might look at the briley's and depending on what type of birds you are hunting and how close you are shooting them, but a good all around choice would be the briley extened mod. and they are around 35.00 and should give you nice even patterns. Like anything with chokes and guns the type of performance you get will vary shell type,brand of gun, etc. you Just have to hit the patterning board and find what you like. I shoot only kent faststeel and the undertaker does some damage. It is a little tight at 10 to 20yd range but that is what I like. When they are that close I like to take there head off.:wak: :wak:

Buster
06-24-2005, 02:23 PM
How about bringing one back from the dead just for fun.

WAD WIZARD!!!

Jubilee
06-24-2005, 02:27 PM
That's from awhile back. But I shoot a PM out of my Browing 10 and something from Wal-mart out of my Remington 870. Both of them are capable of wading up a bird.

It's nice to discuss hunting topics every now and then.

Buster
06-24-2005, 02:50 PM
do ya like that browning 10? Thats a gun that i would hope to be in my future.

Jubilee
06-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Something I always wanted. And it didn't disappoint me in the least bit. Maybe it is just in my head, but I think I shoot better with it.:wak: :wak: I didn't shoot poorly before, but I think it comes down to telling myself.....You've got a 10, you can knock the fire out of that bird, and I do.:wak: :in: :wak:

BIGTIME9
06-24-2005, 03:03 PM
I shoot a pm out of my nova and haven't decided what to get for my mossburg 935 yet.

BlueDevil
06-26-2005, 05:40 PM
I mainly shoot through factory choke tubes that came with my gun. I think from past experience (from guys I've hunted with) switching to an aftermarket choke tube gave them a false-sense of security (possibly psychological?) and felt disappointed when they weren't able to hit more targets then if they used their factory tubes. I told them don't worry about after-market tubes for now but concentrate on your mechanics of properly shooting a shortgun as well as patterning it with they type of ammunition you plan on using as well as on some clay targets. Whether I have my factory tubes in or my after-market I strongly believe that anything that wanders into shooting range will be taken down. I think confidence in yourself contributes to the success you have in the field.

Clarky
06-26-2005, 08:22 PM
:DH: *************, it works noticably, same difference as a wad wizard only ported. I agree w/blue devil for the most part though ^^^^^^^.

duckpoor
06-27-2005, 06:36 AM
Every choke in every gun with different fodder performs differently.
I think we have all proven that at the pattern Board.

IMHO the PM amd WW both seem to manage a larger range of loads baisicly the same. Both produce very workable patterns with about what ever I feed the gun.

But, If your willing to spend the time matching a specific shell or pet load to a specific choke , about any combo will produce good results.

R Green

Cut-um
06-27-2005, 05:25 PM
kugohuntn if you decide to go with a Wad Wizard, check out the Sponsor forum. Lorie is running an awesome deal for our members.:hest: :TT: :hest:

http://flocknockers.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43227

I started using Wad Wizards last season and they're bad ass...:pl: :wak: :HP:

BlueDevil
07-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Well I was weak and I buckled I ordered both the Wad Wizard SWAT and Supreme today, LOL. I'll let you know how the pattern in my SBE!

PJHDucks
07-18-2005, 11:40 AM
:in: Wad wizard is excellent