PDA

View Full Version : I AM NOT TO HAPPY WITH FLAMBEAU FLOATING DECOYS

GOOSEHUNTING101
12-22-2002, 10:45 AM
I bought sixteen Flambeau floating decoys and riged them up. Went out last wednsday for a morning hunt to one of my ponds, waded out half way and started to thow the decoys out when I heard a snap, I looked and could not see anything. I then started to throw out more when the buddy that was hunting with me said you did not put a head on the two I throw out, I said yes I did. Waded over to the decoys I throw out and both the heads snaped off. It was very dark out and I did not have a flashlight with me so I could not see what the snaping noise was. I picked them up and after putting the rest out we got in to the blind and started to hunt. At noon we started to pack up and I noticed that not only did two heads brake off but three of them were cracked at the base. This is a crock. Has any body had this happen to them, and what did you do about it.

STUGOTS
12-22-2002, 03:44 PM
You shouldn't be happy return them and get your self some big foot floaters the quality is second to none.

STUGOTS
12-22-2002, 03:47 PM
SORRY are you talking about goose floaters

GOOSEHUNTING101
12-22-2002, 04:15 PM
Yes, I foregot to say goose floaters

kygoose
12-23-2002, 03:37 AM
You wouldn't think they should break, but if you throw a heavy decoy with weights it don't suprise me.

Jossie
12-23-2002, 08:12 PM
I have 8 of them, and 6 of them are in constant state of repair. I have not had the heads snap off but those 6 have cracks at the base where the keel meets the body. The plastic seems to get real brittle when it gets cold out. I won't buy anymore of those. I thought about sending them back but did'nt really want to mess with it, so I just keep repairing them.

GOOSEHUNTING101
12-24-2002, 07:23 AM
Thats the truth jossie, on the floaters

ZIG
01-03-2003, 03:09 AM
THE NEW FLAMBEAU GOOSE FLOTERS WE BOUGHT THIS YEAR BREAK EASY. WE HAVE ABOUT 150 FLOATERS IN OUR SPREAD AND BOUGHT 3 MORE DOZEN. TOOK THEM IN THE BOXES THE DAY BEFORE THE SEASON OUT TO THE BLIND, TOOK THEM STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOXES, PUT STRINGS ON AND SENT THEM OUT . CAME BACK THE NEXT MORNING AND SEVERAL WHERE LEANING OVER AND LOOKED FUNNY SETTING IN THE WATER. WE THOUGHT THEY WHERE SOME OF THE ONES WE HAD USED LAST YEAR, BUT WHEN WE LOOKED THEY WHERE THE BRAND NEW ONES. WHAT THE HELL IS THE DEAL? A FLOATER SHOULD MAKE IT AT LEAST ON NIGHT. ALL OF THEM HAD BROKE AROUND THE KEEL IN THE BACK. NOW SOME HAVE STARTED TO BREAK AROUND THE WHERE THE LEGS ARE. I'M GLAD SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING I THOUGHT WE HAD JUST GOT A BAD RUN OF THEM. ONES THAT I BOUGHT 15 YEARS AGO AND HAVE BEEN USED HARD STILL FLOAT FINE. I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT MORE THEN. LONG STORY TO SAY THAT I HATE FLAMBEAU HAS COME TO THIS. EVERYONE SHOULD E-MAIL THEM AND EXPLAIN THE DISCUSS IN THEIR NEW DECOYS. I DOUBT I WILL PURCHASE ANYMORE UNTIL SOMETHING CHANGES.