PDA

View Full Version : Double cluck to bones and pete s

DrBob
12-23-2002, 06:54 PM
have you gentlemen been seeing many mallards up there? It seems as though the majority of our mallards screwed after the last snowfall/cold storm a few weeks ago. I'm not even seeing that many where they can freeload wonder bread from the old hags. usual "park refuges" seem relatively void...

whadya seein'?

Pete S
12-24-2002, 08:33 AM
Bob went out Sat the 21st.Saw around 350 to 500 Blacks and Mallards.Only saw around 100 geese.My bud and I were in a god awful shooting slump.Burned up around $50 worth of Bismuth and Hevi-Shot.And only managed 5 birds.I think alot of the birds are up over the line on the river in NH Warm water discharge from a nuke plant and a hydro station keeps the water open for a good 5 miles.And there are corn fields all around.Will keep ya posted.
Pete S

Bones
12-24-2002, 10:40 AM
Shot my limit of mallards Saturday - there were some of the biggest flocks I have seen landing in our dekes - Monday was good but the amount of birds(should have limited again) had tapered off.
Went out today thinking the weather would really have the birds moving and did not see a single duck - go figure!
I think this Noreaster will have what ever birds that are up north stirred up!!
Bones