PDA

View Full Version : Wire-wheel or Torch?

bgold35
12-23-2002, 08:58 PM
Which method is the best for durability? I want to do this right the FIRST time (ie Never time to do it right but always time to do it over.) Is there any difference if either method is done properly? Thanks, Bgold35.

honkerhntr
12-23-2002, 09:54 PM
I think that they both work about the same. The thing that I have seen is that you need to let them cure out fully if you want them to stick good. Just a thought good luck

Flipper
12-24-2002, 06:11 AM
From what I read the rougher you get the plastic the better it seems to stick and thats why people were leaning toward the wire wheel.:Rich:

Maxima
12-24-2002, 07:52 AM
I've tried sandblasting, torching,sanding with coarse sandpaper, and the wire wheel method. By far the best has been sanding and the wire wheel as far as adhesion of the flocking I've found. When I flamed them the flocking just seemed to come off because the glue had nothing really to grab on to.

Call-em-in
01-04-2003, 01:23 AM
A good example of this is BF feeder heads, compared to the regular BF heads. All my feader heads hold the flocking much better because of the deeper feather grooves, the regular heads are smooth and the flocking is coming off in sheets. The way I see it, if you were to littleraly tear up the plastic you'll create more surface area for the adhesive to grab onto. When I finally get around to re flocking mine, that's the way I'm gonna do it......

peeto
01-09-2003, 07:04 PM
I flamed mine 1st , then wire wheel...they hold up much better than just flaming them...they will still loose some flocking over the season but it's time well spent wire wheeling them...good luck.

BBBGoose
01-11-2003, 12:02 AM
On the advice of those here I tried the wire wheel and was real pleased with the results. Don't be shy , reallyb rough up those heads!