PDA

View Full Version : So did you get anything good

Jossie
12-25-2002, 09:50 AM
For Christmas?????

My wife will not buy me anything hunting related. Absolutly kills me. She says I buy anything I need anyways so she won't do it.

I did fix my youngest son up this year, new camo, waterproof coat, new gun case, and a few other small hunting things.

So did anyone get some new dec's, new call, any other have to have hunting gadgets????

I'm sure TimW did'nt get anything.......he already has every hunting gadget the goose gods have created. By the Way Timw, hows that goose killing gadget working now days????:uh: :LAF: :LAF: :MS:

Goose Killa
12-25-2002, 10:17 AM
I am going to get 4 bigfoots next week when my brother goes to kansas city to pick them up:Rich:

Duck Boat
12-25-2002, 11:45 AM
i got columbia camo coat and overall (wool):Rich: :Art:

Duck Boat
12-25-2002, 11:48 AM
I'M GOING TO WASHINGTON :JW: :cool: :DB:

jayhawkmarauder
12-25-2002, 01:16 PM
isn't that where that strange convention is at this weekend?:JW: ps: wonder how many sheep had to make the big scarifice for that set of clothes? :JW: GOOD LUCK :DB: glad to see somebody got what they wanted for x-mas

Jossie
12-25-2002, 05:18 PM
ps: wonder how many sheep had to make the big scarifice for that set of clothes? [/B]

:rof: :rf: :rof: Good one Jayhawkmarauder!

YellowLab
12-25-2002, 08:10 PM
Cabela's Ultimate Hunting Waders

I needed them too, my others had a leak in the crotch.

Got a couple of Cabela's Gift Certificates, too.

Tim Williams
12-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Bummer! I didn't get anything related to goose hunting this Christmas! I guess that my wife realizes that I have all that I need. I'll show her, the boat show is in January!

VCHunter
12-26-2002, 01:12 PM
Well I made a pretty good take this Christmas...

Got new Shadowgrass bibs and parka, enough gift certificates and money for some more Bigfoots, some good gloves, and some other little hunting things.

Oh yeah, and the best present of all...my girlfriend gave me a new black acrylic with gold band Saunders Guide Series with a personal engraving on the insert. This call looks absolutely amazing and I love the way it blows. Don't think I will be able to let it sit on the shelf like I should...:wk: I'll post a picture up when I get the film developed, its a looker.

Thanks Michael and Cliff for helping her get this, you guys did real good. :TT:

Bart
12-26-2002, 03:31 PM
Thats pretty cool Tim. Sounds like alot of thought and planning went into it which is what a Christmas present should be like.

I didn't do so bad myself. Got some gift certificates to Cabelas and Scheels, a duck in the marsh bronze type desk sculpture, a duck hunter figurine, an air compressor and a duck call.

Both kids got new camo shirts and pants and a Meatgrinder. Trevor and his new "Hunter Dan" haven't quit hunting the living room since, other than to play his new drums every now and again.

One more thing, they each got a new fishing pole and are ready for you and Michael to haul them out fishing. Taylor keeps saying the fishing boys are going to take her out this summer and Trevor wants to go fish with Santa at the north pole.

VCHunter
12-26-2002, 04:45 PM
What kind of drums did you get him Troy? Sounds like you took care of your kids well this year. We'd be glad to take them fishing again. :TT:

Bart
12-26-2002, 07:05 PM
The drums are nothing special, an electric toy set. They look like drums and sound like drums though. We'll see how much he uses them and see about the real thing later. Tonight he and Hunter Dan along with special guest Spiderman were having a jam session.

Hollywood_Hill
12-27-2002, 07:50 AM
Hey Tim, are you talking about that new call or your girl friend??:Art: :Art: :Art:

I'd like to see a picture of her, when you get a chance. Does she come engraved too???:Deb: :JW:

Tim Williams
12-27-2002, 08:02 AM
Tim,

What did the "personal engraving" say? Come on, tell us :JW:

rockandroll_kid
12-27-2002, 10:51 AM
Yeah the wife got me 4 dozen bigfoots and then I woke up

YellowLab
12-27-2002, 12:00 PM
Yeah Tim. I want to know what the engraving says?

Eric
12-27-2002, 02:52 PM
The Saunders calls I've seen all had "Bill Saunders" and the call # on the insert right above the o-rings. Now, I'm not saying that this is not on this call or that Tim was so shocked/delirious that his "lady love" got him something goose hunting related thereby possibly signifying her stamp of approval for Tim to futher his passion of hunting the longnecks (geese and Coor's) even when he spends the majority of his weekends and free time hunting instead of living on the end of his "lady love's" short leash ...(stick with me, I'm getting to the point) Anywho, after getting the call, Tim in his delirium thinks he IS BILL SAUNDERS.

That's got to be better then a personalized engraving of "Tim I think you are the greatest goose hunter ever and I can only dream of the day that we can spend our lives together as man and wife and this call will be sitting on the shelf collecting dust from November to the first weekend of February, because you will be my man-gina and serving me!" Kind of makes you tear up. Just like one them Hallmark Card commercials!

Sorry, Bill Saunders ...er, I mean Tim! I wish my wife would have gotten me a nice call! Enjoy!

goosegetter
12-27-2002, 03:20 PM
I've seen the call and got to admit that he recived one special gift.

I wont bust the bubble on what is engraved on it, but will say that she personalized so that everytime he blows on it he will think of her.

To bad we didn't get into the geese this morning so that he could have blooded the call. Although we did almost decoy 100 + turkeys into our spread:OUCH: :CL:

Hollywood_Hill
12-27-2002, 03:28 PM
WOW TIM !!!!!!:pl: :pl: :pl:

I didn't know what a special call you received for Xmas. Everytime you blow on the call you think of your lady.:Art: :Art:

Seems to me something is turned around here???:TT: :JW:

I still want to know what she engraved on the call....

Ryhlee
12-27-2002, 06:17 PM
Well how much is it worth to you guys? I know whats engraved since I was the one who got it engraved. I think Cliff is going to burst the bubble on it when he gets back from the flock hunt. Tim didnt even know what it meant. Its a classic line. It is a nice call though.

I got a cell phone and some awesome cologne. If anybody would actually want my cell number for some reason I could get it to you. I feel so special. :Art: :Art:

HOOKER1
12-27-2002, 06:32 PM
Hey aqua di gio, that smelly stuff only works when your single, Ha Ha

VCHunter
12-27-2002, 09:25 PM
The call has this engraved on it....

L'Amour Conquiert Tous

:TT:

Ryhlee
12-27-2002, 11:35 PM
Which means: Its over you are conquered. :BM:

Dusty you are gay.

crc1514
12-29-2002, 05:03 PM
i am pretty pumped about my new bowling shoes, i also got some cabela's gift certificates, and some cash:uh:

oh, and i'm not very good with my spanish, but i thought "L'Amour Conquiert Tous" translated into "i love you despite your small penis":OUCH:

YellowLab
12-30-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Eric
That's got to be better then a personalized engraving of "Tim I think you are the greatest goose hunter ever and I can only dream of the day that we can spend our lives together as man and wife and this call will be sitting on the shelf collecting dust from November to the first weekend of February, because you will be my man-gina and serving me!" Kind of makes you tear up. Just like one them Hallmark Card commercials!

Originally posted by crc1514
oh, and i'm not very good with my spanish, but i thought "L'Amour Conquiert Tous" translated into "i love you despite your small penis"

You guys are killing me!:OUCH: :rf: :rof: :rf: :rof: :rf: :rof: :pl:

Jossie
12-30-2002, 10:07 AM
I think you guys maybe way off base with Tim's engraving. I personally think it is spanish for " Excuse me sir, but do you know where the hammers are?".:BM: :BM: :Art:

YellowLab
12-30-2002, 10:16 AM
Or,

"Hi my name is Tim, I will be teaching today's class on How to put Crackle Finish on Your Walls. I know it is Saturday and I would rather be out shooting geese, but my parents think this job will make me a more financially responsible person. Little do they know, I've spent my last two paychecks on beer, decoys, and calls."

Jossie
12-30-2002, 10:31 AM
OR,

Here, let me take my underware off, it has a nice "Crackle" finish on it.