PDA

View Full Version : flock hunt

ksgoosehnter
12-26-2002, 03:36 PM
Just got back from scouting around Radium. Still alot of snows and whitefronts, but did not see all that many Canadians. It was snowing pretty good for awile so I am thinking maybe they didn't fly out till later. (i hope) Tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be partly cloudy but warmer. I will be scouting again tomorrow with hopes of getting the best field around.

I am planning on everyone meeting at the intersection of highway K-19 and the Radium road at 6:00 am. If you are not familiar with this area, and many of you probably are not, give me an email or post on here where you are coming from and I will give you more specific directions. If you look on the map. Radium is a small town 1 mile off K-19 east of Larned about 9 miles or southeast of Great Bend about 20 miles.

We will leave for the field shortly after 6:00 sp that we have enough time to get the decoys out. I would like to have an idea of who all is coming so that we don't leave anyone behind. So please post or send me an email or message telling me if you are planning to come.

I can't guarantee any birds being killed but I can guarantee some cinnamon rolls before the hunt and some cold beers after.

I don't want anyone to come with the idea that this will be an easy hunt. We almost always kill some birds in that area but it can be difficult to decoy sometimes. I believe with the number of decoys that people who have said they will be bringing that we will have a great spread and will kill quite a few birds. I have never organized this type of hunt and I just don't want to dissapoint anyone.

I am really looking forward to meeting fellow flockers and seeing how you guys do things. Hope to see you all Saturday.
I will try to answer any questions you guys have and give you better directions if you need them. My email address is www.ksgoosehnter@yahoo.com

VCHunter
12-26-2002, 04:47 PM
Good luck fellas and take some pictures. Thanks for organizing this ksgoosehnter, wish I could make it. :wak:

goosegetter
12-26-2002, 05:03 PM
Kirk, I am going to have to cancel on ya buddy. The fiance is having Christmas that day with her Dad's side of the family.:ST:

Good luck and make damn sure you take lots of pictures:Art:

twells
12-27-2002, 06:39 AM
I as well hate to do this, but i have to cancel too. some family issues came up and i am not going to make it. i am sorry, and would look forward to trying this again some other time.

thomas

Tim Williams
12-27-2002, 08:04 AM
Man, if I wasn't the best man in a weeding Saturday night, Jerry & I would be there! Please take some pictures & post up! Thanks for organizing the hunt.:SE:

center12
12-27-2002, 08:25 AM
Where are we meeting, what time, any snow on the ground down there, are we still going to able to drive in(if snow)??? I'll probably be heading down to McPherson this evening so won't have any access to a computer. Kirk, I'll give you a call if nothing get's posted here before I leave.

kugohuntn
12-27-2002, 10:00 AM
Charlie, I think i am going to head to Hillsboro this afternoon. If you would want to carpool over there tomorrow morning We could do that. I should have plenty of room for everything. I looked it up and it is only about 100 miles over there from Hillsboro. Let me know what you think.

Gohuntn

center12
12-27-2002, 10:25 AM
Touch your junk.....once!!

kugohuntn
12-27-2002, 10:38 AM
I guess i am a one pump chump, I just shot it all over you.

Gohuntn

rockandroll_kid
12-27-2002, 10:57 AM
Im trying to hit 300 today:Rich:

center12
12-27-2002, 11:45 AM
Actually read the first post on this thread and got most my questions answered......reading is a skill I'm still working on:ST: :CL: :hit:

YellowLab
12-27-2002, 12:03 PM
Sorry guys, but I am not going to be able to make it.

Whack a few for me. Wish I could have made it. Charlie told me he was buying all the beer we could drink afterwards.

center12
12-27-2002, 03:01 PM
Chad I can't believe you confused me with Kelly. Let me help you get us straight, I'm the pretty one with the normal sized brain and MASSIVE bulge. Kelly goes to KU....enough said!!

ksgoosehnter
12-27-2002, 04:54 PM
Looks like we are going to be hunting in wheat. There were quite a few in the field, but they came in big bunches. I am afraid that it is going to be very tough. I do not feel very confident at all that we will be very sucessful.
I have seen fewer and fewer birds every day since Christmas Eve. Don't know where they went but they have begun to move out.

I am sorry but if you are planning to come, don't have too high expectations. If you decide not to come because of this post I wouldn't blame you at all, in fact I would have cancelled it but there are already people that have made plans so we will give it a try. Hopefully I will be surprised, there are still plenty of birds for a good hunt if they will only work.

If you are coming and you have anything special you use to hunt in green wheat bring it because that is what we will be hunting in.

River Rat
12-27-2002, 07:27 PM
I'll be there, with 4 dozen foots.
Tuff hunt? sounds like a good challenge to me!!:cool:
Eddie

Ryhlee
12-27-2002, 11:42 PM
Good luck guys. I'll be living in tulsa time tomorrow at a family thing. So have a great time, drink some aged water, use a whole bag of charcoal for the steaks and let the memories continue. :ST: :Rich:

goosegetter
12-29-2002, 07:34 AM
Any word on how the flock hunt turned out?????

jayhawkmarauder
12-29-2002, 09:37 AM
Maybe they're still cleaning birds????????

Ryhlee
12-29-2002, 11:53 AM
I tried calling KU but he doesnt want to talk. So I guess they dont want to tell us. :Rich:

center12
12-29-2002, 02:35 PM
Since no one else is going to post up I suppose Iíll have to. Before I get to the details of the hunt Iíd like to thank Kirk and Kyle for allowing me to share some of their hunting ground. Thanks a bunch guyís. Iíve had the opportunity to meet and run around with quite a few guys that post on this forum and will say that Iíve never met a SC ďFlockerĒ that wasnít a stand-up guyÖ. That didnít change this weekend!!! Met 3 new people from the site this weekend, Kirk, Kyle, Eddie(Riverrat). KU and myself repíd for Lawrence!!!

We got to see a butt load of birds Saturday, unfortunately Snows and White-fronts were the order of the day. When it comes to getting birds to work your decís I canít think of worse canidates than those lousy bastards, we did get some in though. Ended up killing a snow and 2 specks, but should have shot more than that. Being the curtious folks we are, we let quit a few slip out while we were trying to get everyone a shooting opportunity.

Though we didnít kill as many as we would have liked, that certainly didnít change the fact that I had a fun day in the field and had the chance to meet 3 more quality people from ďourĒ flock

River Rat
12-29-2002, 03:48 PM
It was a GREAT TIME!
Always nice to meet new people that share the same passion for hunting like I do. It is not the kill that counts to me, just getting out and enjoying the challenge!
Also, it gives me a chance to learn about other flockers that I haven't met before. One person I heard about just got a new call from their girl friend. It had a weird engraving that says "BLOW THIS CAUSE I AINT BLOWIN' THAT", :rf: :rf:
It was nice meeting you guys, and I am sure we will have a chance to get together again:cool:
EDDIE

kugohuntn
12-29-2002, 07:48 PM
Ok you flockers, Been away for a day or so from the computer so i thought i better check back in.

Kirk and Kyle, Thanks a ton for gettin us flockers together. It was a great time. I would do it tomorrow if you all wanted too. We see an ASS load of birds. I think we could have shot more of them if I would have brought my Anti Aircraft gun, but thats the way it goes sometime. Thanks again

Eddie, was great to meet you. Hopefully we can get together again and bust them up. I you end up having a flock hunt in your area I'll be there. I seen quite a few birds on the way back after the turn off.

Charlie, Have you recovered from you walk to the truck.. I know for a little short legged troll like yourself it was hard on you.

O and by the way Eddie, The hunt for the 2 legged White tail was successfull.

Had a great time and you other flockers missed out.

Gohuntn