PDA

View Full Version : This place is dead!

Jason in KC
01-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Come on I'm at work and I'm bored stiff! I need some entertainment...post up.:cool: :Bull:

cself02
01-03-2003, 11:38 AM
I'm going through the same boreing day, I was supose to be off today and hunting, but every one else took off so I had to give up my 4X10 work week to cover. Probably going some were tomorrow.

Jason in KC
01-03-2003, 11:41 AM
I'll most likely be hunting with YellowLab(Chad) and friend from Iowa tomorrow and Sunday. Hopefully he found the birds today.

cself02
01-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Were at in KS are there birds now, I have been watching the reports and haven't seen much for birds other then the Cheyanne bottoms, I have never been out that far. We use to kill alot over at John Redmond, but there hasn't been many make it that far this year or last. All though last weekend my brothers came up from IL and we killed 35 mallards all but three were green heads, 4 gadwall and a goose, in south MO.

Natasha
01-03-2003, 12:13 PM
I'm bored also. Might just have to go home. I keep watching flight after flight of honks hit the golf course across the street. there are honks all over south KC, standing in someone's yard.

Jason in KC
01-03-2003, 01:07 PM
The birds are not concentrated because there are too many ponds that are open. JR has a few birds around and well as most lakes to the South of KC. It's hard to pattern them right now and when you do it's hard to get permission without shelling out quite a few bucks.

Ken H
01-03-2003, 01:12 PM
$1500 isn't that much for a month and a half.

:ST:

Jason in KC
01-03-2003, 01:22 PM
I hear ya Ken. Another field that we had permission to hunt last January, had a butt load of birds in it this year in December, well the farmer wanted us to pay $50 a gun per day! We would have shot our limits of greenheads and geese, but the following year we would have had to pay $100.

I have NEVER paid to hunt, I sure hope it doesn't come down to that. I wouldn't have a problem helping him out in some other way other than CASH! Hell we would have bought enough beer for him and his buddies to sit back and watch us whack the birds, cause that's what they did last year.

This area I'm speaking of has quite of bit of farmers that want money to hunt. Too bad someone that's RICH from KC had to ruin it for the rest.

cself02
01-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Thats what I figured, I thought about going back to Southern Il to my parents farm because my 13 year old brother had a bunch land on the farm pond and he got into them but I think I am just going to try locally, with the 50 degree weather tomorrow I might just hunt and then drink some beer,

Good luck,

Jason in KC
01-03-2003, 01:24 PM
There is always :cool: after the hunt for me!

cself02
01-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Thats what I figured, I thought about going back to Southern Il to my parents farm because my 13 year old brother had a bunch land on the farm pond and he got into them but I think I am just going to try locally, with the 50 degree weather tomorrow I might just hunt and then drink some beer,

Good luck,

cself02
01-03-2003, 01:35 PM
yep that is the same thing I ran into the last couple years, three or four years ago when I was in college out here we only go turned down a couple of times over near JR and we had some spots that you would kill birds even on the slowest days, and we even took the farmers son with us and I got him three huge canadas on his first ever hunt, but the next year I went back to regain permission and they had all there land leased to the Kansas City rich folk, I am the same as you never paid to hunt and hope it never comes to that,

Well it's 3:30 (beer 30)

see ya, and good luck.

Jason in KC
01-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Drink a few for me!

Good luck tomorrow. We'll have to hook up for some beers sometime and shoot the chit!

cself02
01-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Sounds good,

AllAboutH20FowL
01-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Tell me about it this place has been dead for about a weeknow. I was so bored today that I had to bring in all of my icefishing gear and rig that today. Glad to see that it has picked up a little. I guess tomorrow I will risk getting wet going through the ice and go sit on my bucket in 55 deg weather. At least I can enjoy some good cold ones that way.
Later

VCHunter
01-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Work sucks.

goosegetter
01-03-2003, 02:13 PM
Sorry boys, I have been chasing the honks around Wichita. We have managed to kill 15 honks in the last three days. Man it is nice to have a 17 day vacation.

Also lined up a pretty hot field for next week. Looks like there is nearly 1,000 birds using it.:Art:

VCHunter
01-03-2003, 06:28 PM
Jim- Monday morning it is on. I don't have to be at work til 5 Monday night, so something is gonna die. You still hunting that one field that no birds should ever be killed out of???

ksgoosehunter
01-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Tim...give my cell a hollar or I'll do the same. I might be headed to Wichita tom. I still have a check for you dated the 26th of November...that's accumulated some interest by now!! Talk to you soon.

VCHunter
01-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Taylor give me a call and leave me a message if you are headed that way. I'll be on my lunch break from 11-12 if you want to try and call then. Let me know if you are headed down. :TT:

Natasha
01-04-2003, 10:34 AM
Jason, I hear ya about paying to hunt. Don't get me started about those damn hunting clubs in KC that go around leasing up land.