PDA

View Full Version : Manhattan Geese

WildGooseChase
01-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Hey Folks,
This is my first time posting on this site........seems like a real decent bunch of people. I'm a friend of Mark's (Cooked Goose) and we do a lot of duck hunting and not nearly enough goose hunting. Like Mark said our duck hunting was pretty good this year, averaging about 60 birds per person in our group. Our goose hunting on the other hand has been.....well, dare I say ....dismal. I have yet to shoot one. I think Mark kind of gave you the run-down on our spread. Anyway, Mark and I are about to head back KSU in a few days and I was wondering if anyone had some tips for locating and getting on birds in that area...........that you would be willing to share. I know a lot of this info is highly guarded so please don't part with any big secrets.......unless you want to........haha. Just looking for a little help. Good luck out there and thanks!
Jeremy Romain

CookedGoose
01-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Hey Jeremy, you need to get your butt out of KC and down here to Wichita where the birds are. I told ya I've been scouting daily and now I've finally got some good ground with more geese than you can shake a stick at on em.

I'm getting you a calculator for your B-day so can post accurate bird numbers for our group. haha.:rof:
You know damn right you have at least a 100 birds for this year.(especially after all those river hunts... cough cough):rf:

kansasducker
01-10-2003, 05:35 AM
Do you guys actually go to school or just hunt for a living?

100 birds apiece is a PILE!

WildGooseChase
01-10-2003, 08:07 AM
ok...ok....Kansasducker....300 or even 200 and maybe 100 ducks per person is a little bit of a stretch.....haha. 60 isn't a lie though. The way I look at this hunting thing is that the food at dining center is so bad I have to do something to keep meat on the table. Classes come somewhere in between all of that. We have been off for a month for X-mas so that helps. The problem is there havn't been many ducks around since we got out for break. The freezer's getting low, time to fill it with honkers, I hope! Mark make it clear to me when you're going out and I'll get my butt out of KC. Take care guys!

goosegetter
01-10-2003, 08:25 AM
Wildgoosechase I think mark and I are going to try and chase the geese around again tonight. Last night we got all rigid up and needless to say I blew a damn tire on the trailer. :ST:

Of course the damn spare wouldn't fit just right, and I had to go into town to get the spare tire put onto the old rim. Sh!t happens I guess, but it sounds like it was for the best since Mark got permission on a filed that was holding over 1,000 birds.

VC I guess you can say that your trainwrecks have rubbed off on me:SK:

WildGooseChase
01-10-2003, 09:28 AM
Hey goosegetter,
I wish you and Mark good luck. That really stinks about the tire. That stuff always seems to happen at the best time. Most of the time when that stuff happens it's 4 AM, 15 degrees, and snowing. I'm probably going to give the ducks on more shot tonight before they're safe for another season. I hope your tires hold and ya slay em tonight!