PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Success

CookedGoose
01-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Had the privilege to hunt with Goosegetter, his dad and a good buddy of his tonight in one of my goose fields. My hat goes off to goosegetter for providing such a fantastic spread, without him our hunt wouldn't have been possible. No sooner than we had set out the spread when we saw this huge mass of geese in the distance which turned out to be snows. They set down in the watershed across the road from out field. We were lucky enough to decoy a group of about 40-50 which we waxed 2 snows and 3 blues out of. Also decoyed a couple groups of canada's of which we got 3 total out of those. We probably should have had 3 or 4 more but because we rushed the shot in fear of them not finishing we only ended up with 8 geese total. After all that time scouting and tracking these suckers I finally had a successful hunt. Thanks a lot Jim for taking the time and effort for helping me get my first snow goose. Hopefully we can give em hell again soon.

Well, its the last weekend for duck season. For all of you who do duck hunt, I would be checking your private watersheds or if you have river ground, then I would be there for sure. I have seen a ton of ducks while goose scouting here recently, almost all of which were using watersheds as roost spots. Good luck guys..
Mark

Call em close, kill em clean.

Jossie
01-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Hey Mark.....congratulations, pretty cool when it all comes together.

Nice job Jim!!:wak: :wak: :wak:

cself02
01-12-2003, 10:55 AM
glad to hear you got into some birds, even if you only have one good hunt a year all that hard work making it happen pays off. Before long decoying geese will become second nature.

Congrats.

goosegetter
01-12-2003, 01:13 PM
WOW!!! Mark you are giving me to much credit. You did a majority of the scouting and you were the one that had the permission for the field that the birds wanted in on.

Got to admit it was one incredible hunt. We should of had at least 6 more birds, but we will not talk about that. There was a hell of a lot of specs around and I screwed up and just shot in the middle of them instead of concentaring on just one bird. Oh well season isn't over yet, but I am eventually going to nail one of those suckers so I can hang him on the wall next to the neck banded canadian that is still out there callin my name.

Mark thanks for the invite and I hope you picked up on a couple of new things to use next time. Just remeber if you are not hid good at all the birds will flar 9 times out of 10.