PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone with a Higdon Can unit.

Trigger
01-11-2003, 07:17 AM
For a few years now I have hunted with 5 Higdon Finishers decoys, and used a pull string.. I've found it to hard to pull the cord and call at the same time. and now the other guys in the crew are calling, so they don't want to pull the cord either.. I'm trying to find a way to make a cam unit using something along the lines of a wiper motor and develope a cam ..

I really don't think that these things are worth the $199 that Hidgon wants for theirs, so I'm looking to build one.

Does anyone have a cam you can send me a picture of, or diagam, name of motor, or the specs from it.

Thanks for the reply.

Trigger

don835
02-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Trigger...I had a Higdon Cam Kit with 6 Finishers hooked up to it. I looked at the cam kit and thought, How The Hell Can Higdon Sell this thing so cheap. Maybe you are alot handier than me but no way in hell would I try to build one and expect it to work properly.
You are way better off spending the money for the cam kit than building your own. Unless...you could copy the cam kit from someone that has one. Just tryin to save you some frustration down the road. :CL: Later, Murph.

Matt-MN
02-06-2003, 07:17 AM
I hunted with the cam unit for 2 years now. Shoot me a pm and we can exchange e-mail or phone numbers. I think I can help you figure something out.
matt

Greg Owens
02-14-2003, 05:55 AM
I would recommend starting out with a seat base from a 6 way power seat. You will not find stronger motors for the money. Three motors and the controlls are already mounted, fab in some arms and you should be most of the way there.

Matt, I would be interested in seeing what the 'factory' units look like if you would be willing to show me sometime.

Greg