PDA

View Full Version : Bigfoots converted to snow deeks check it out

CookedGoose
01-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Was surfing the internet for snow deeks just to see if there was anyplace that had cheaper snow deeks.. I happened to stumble onto this website...Check it out and tell me what you think
www.gooseglove.com

keith_scumline
01-12-2003, 08:15 PM
That is pretty coool... Wish I had thought od it... Thanks

kansasgoose
01-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Only thing I dont like about them is the price. For $60 I can buy carrylite full bodies.

CookedGoose
01-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Well I dont know how much snow full bodies cost. I just thought it was a good idea for conservation of space. But yes I also thought 60$ was a little much for what they were selling. Maybe 40$ would be better. OH well.. Its still a pretty good idea...

Xtremefowler
01-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Yea I was checking them out the other day and have been debating on ordering a doz. to see how the look. Good idea and wouldn't take up much space. Kansasgoose where are you getting carrylite snows and blue's for 60.00 a doz. Isn't that what the goosegloves cost 60.00 a doz.

CookedGoose
01-13-2003, 06:17 PM
I saw on there that they have a sample buy for $5.99 I dont know how many goosegloves you get but at least you can order that to see how they look before spending 60 bucks on a dozen. I just got through lookin at cabelas mag for 60$ snow goose full bodies.. Only ones I saw were over 159$ for a doz... I smell something.. BS:

rockandroll_kid
01-14-2003, 03:01 AM
Hey James,

Pass the bottle this way:VC: :VC: :VC: :VC: :VC: :VC:

nraredneck
01-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Leave the boy alone! He's still recovering from duck season being over. Now he really has to start working for the geese.

goosegetter
01-14-2003, 11:24 AM
James did ya every make it out to shoot a deer????

Xtremefowler
01-16-2003, 06:38 PM
I think he is still looking for that 60.00 a doz. on the carrylites and didn't have time for a deer.

rockandroll_kid
01-17-2003, 02:21 AM
wont be long we will be hooking up 3 big snow goose spreads and chasin them white devils

kansasgoose
01-17-2003, 04:04 AM
flip was telling me he had picked up some carrylites at $60. I maybe he was talking about 6/$60. anyway, still seems like a lot of money for a sock. but they would take up a lot less space.

JIM
no, I never did managed to get a deer shot this year. We were just smoking the ducks this year. Deer just never became that important. taking to my dad, the three guys that hunted up there all killed nice bucks, and a doe each. My dad was disappointed though, it too him three days to get his two.

Ryan

buy some gloves so we can see them in person. and the the blues, I think those would be the best. snows are pretty each to get something else of to work.

kansasgoose
01-17-2003, 04:12 AM
Monte

Dont forget, Ryan has a snow spread now too. When we ALL get together, now that will be a spread!:uh: :uh: :uh:

Xtremefowler
01-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Yea it will be one hell of a spread!!! Glad Joe is cooking breakfast because we are going to work up an appetite putting out all of those. But then again we could just use are Canada goose spread!!! I know of 3 snows and 1 blue that loved it:wak:

Xtremefowler
01-20-2003, 07:07 PM
Hey James I just ordered a couple samples of the gooseglove's. Is their anything else you want me to order for you to try. :pl:

kansasgoose
01-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Ryan

ya, would you get some snow flappers, toye said they are the s**T for snows. send a pic of those gloves when you get them put on too:GM:

while you have the check book out, I thought up a way to make those string-O-wings land, you could get me some of those to try:hest: :hest: :hest:

I have never seen a flatland decoy in person either, how about a dozen of those, and then some lastlooks, and I could use some new G@H shells too, mine are starting to crack, snow bigfoots you talked about would be nice, and some herters to replace the ones I sold, that new finial approach blind looked neat, better get two of those:tn:

then just throw in anything you might want to try too:BM:

nraredneck
01-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Hell if he's buying let's just go and pick up that semi full of bigfoots we were talking about and get them down here. I'm sure Laura can afford it. I'll even sell one of my calls and make a donation to the cause!!

Or we could each buys 3-400 texas rags and join the little apple hunting club and pay to hunt with our own stuff everyday we go!!
:ST: :ST:

rockandroll_kid
01-23-2003, 05:50 PM
sounds like you have a little shopping to do Ryan

:wk:

Xtremefowler
01-23-2003, 10:41 PM
Yea I am shopped out trying to come up with money to buy a new trailer so I can haul all the stuff I have now.The gloves should be here in a couple days so we will see how they look. Hell if Joe sold some his calls he could buy that semi load of snow and blue bigfoots!!

kansasgoose
01-24-2003, 04:03 AM
Joe sell a call, no way. All he knows is buy buy buy buy:BM:

YellowLab
01-24-2003, 06:43 AM
Ryan, while you're at it, why don't you get all your 'foots flocked and custom painted? You can throw mine in with yours too if it helps you get a better price for having a larger quantity.:Rich: :cool:

TOYE
01-24-2003, 07:33 AM
Hope you don't mind if I step in on this one.
Ironicly I just received my samples yesterday. They sent me a regular bigfoot snow sock and feeder blue. Up close they look kind of wierd but step back a ways like the picture and they look very good. I have quite a few dozen foots and not once did I use them in the last two years. This seems to be the best alternative so I can at least get these expensive shelf fillers in the field! I do think we can work on the price a little if anyone wants to get in an order. They told me there is a good price break of 10 dozen or more. I'm prbobably going to be good for 5 or 6 dozen.

kansasgoose
01-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Tony

can you give a little more description as how they fit? I was wondering if they really fit, or are they pretty loose, or tight on one side and loose on the ends?? I have some outlaw fotofeathers, and they stretch too much and doesn't look as good as when we put them on a herters full body.
the guys on this thread here are all thinking about getting some. If there is a price break, I think we are in. would like to see one though. could you post a pic thats up close that shows what you mean by weird??

thanks

TOYE
01-24-2003, 08:18 AM
The bodies have an elastic opening on the bottom with a couple of velcro strips to tighten the body up. When I mean wierd the bodies are a little loose but if you stretch the material into the foot space it will help. There is some play in the neck area that looks funny as well. The material is made out of a cotton like material that will absorb mud however you should be able to stick them in the washer to get them clean. I will post a picture later today, the wife has the camera.

kansasgoose
01-24-2003, 09:06 AM
sounds like the "problems" with them are not too big a deal.

In the adds, the blues look to be a pretty close match to a real blue. much better than most store bought blues. you agree after seeing one? or would you stick with buying all whites and continue hand painting blues to ensure that they look good?

Looking forward to the pics

TOYE
01-24-2003, 11:31 AM
I recently bought some Falambeau judge fullbodies (couldn't pass up the price and I had this idea in my head at the time) and had them handy when I received the gloves in the mail. I'm pretty sure they are almost identical in size compared to a BigFoot but I just don't feel like going out in the cold today. If anything the Bigfoots are a little bigger which should make for a better fit.
This is obviosly the blue. I like the looks of it although I like my Flatlands alot better. But then again they are only one demensional.

TOYE
01-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Here is the snow. With a little more adjusting the fit could be a little better. I pretty much just through it on and doubt I would spend anymore time making it look better. At 10-20 yards the point is mute.

CookedGoose
01-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Well for 60 bucks a dozen I think they could be a little better in detail, although I dont think they look too bad. If I had a bunch of bigfoots I would probably buy some for when the snows get here. Good Luck

TOYE
01-24-2003, 03:58 PM
I'm looking to find enough people to put together an order of 10 dozen or more. For 3-9 dozen the price is $52.95 and there is another price break for 10 or more dozen. I'm guesing it will be around $45.00 a dozen plus shipping. I might have a little more pull with a big order and my guide service.

Xtremefowler
01-25-2003, 08:26 AM
Toye, How many are you ordering and when are you ordering. My samples should be here on Mon. and if I am happy with them I would be glad to go in on an order with you. I have 10doz. foots that I could buy the gloves for. Keep in touch and let me know. if I can get them for 40.00 a doz. I would probably buy 10 doz. Just have to see how much of a price break we can get.

TOYE
01-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Extreme,
I'm looking to buy 6 dozen and it will have to be soon!!!! I'm sure the price will be in the forties. Hopefully in the low forties, the bigger the order the better!

Xtremefowler
01-25-2003, 10:08 AM
Well when are you ordering and when can you find out a price on 16 doz.(6 doz. you and 10 doz. me) If we can get them to 40.00 I will buy 10 doz. if not I will probably just get 4 doz. to help you out and get the price break at 10 doz. Later

TOYE
01-25-2003, 11:48 AM
I will be calling on Monday. That way it will give everybody else a chance to contact me and maybe up the order somewhat.

rockandroll_kid
01-26-2003, 12:54 PM
40 bucks a dozen I will take 2

TOYE
01-31-2003, 07:22 AM
Guys,
the more I looked at them and thought of all the mud we will run into this spring, I've decided to pass on them. I just don't think there is any way of keeping the decoys clean enough to justify the cost. Next year I might make something similar out of tyvek.