PDA

View Full Version : Season closer

jayhawker
01-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Ended up doing pretty good on ducks this weekend. My brother and I shot 12 last night and 5 this morning. The problem this morning is that about every duck in Elk county tried to come in to the watershed we were hunting in about ten minutes and then it was over. The geese didn't come in until we were out quail hunting, go figure. How'd everyone else do this weekend? You kill'n anything kugohuntn or just entering line dancing competitions?

kugohuntn
01-14-2003, 09:25 AM
Where the hell are you!!!! I am covered up here in lawrence....... With Women that is. I need some help. I think we have had a new migration since the semester break. When you going to be in Lawrence. Give me a holla, I am going to do some serious hunting this weekend.

Gohuntn

huntnfish
01-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Hey Kelly- If you need any help killing any birds this weekend give me a hollar. I have a few places where there are 50-100 birds working. I got my truck broken into last weekend and they stole my shotgun, goose calls/bands, binoculars and rifle. They left my goose decoys though. I am going to Cabelas tomorrow to buy a new Extrema. Did anyone kill anything over Christmas break? The weather has been alittle to nice to get them to work real good. Maybe this storm moving in will help!

jayhawkmarauder
01-15-2003, 06:00 PM
H-N-FISH ,hope they catch the little scumbag, what kind of guns did they take ? I run across a lot of rugats trying to sell guns. I'll keep my ear open .

huntnfish
01-15-2003, 06:15 PM
They took a Benelli Nova with a pattermater and a Ruger MKII 220- Swift. I wish I knew who did it. The thing I want back the most is my goose/duck bands. I dont know what the bastards think they are going to do with those. They took alot of smaller items also. Everything total up to around $4000.00. I sure hope insurance pays for it!! Have you been killing many geese jayhawk? Let me know if you need any company. I have a few places to hunt this weekend. Hopefully it will be good with the snow. Good luck and happy hunting

jayhawkmarauder
01-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Best of luck with insurance ( almost as bad as lawyers) , do you have home owners ins.? That might be the best route. I put up the duck decoys last week after going twice and not pulling the trigger once( dang birds were hit and miss this year but over all a good year )and decoyed some local geese on Sunday, 2 of us limited out but it's just not the same as migrating birds. Saw lots of birds feeding tonight . Just pm'd Kelly about getting another lawrence flock gathering rounded up.

huntnfish
01-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Ya I have homeowners that is (supposed) to cover it. I guess I will find out. I tried calling Kelly yesterday to see if he was doing any hunting. The weather looks pretty good for goose hunting this weekend. I went to Cabelas tonight to get my new gun and saw LOTS of birds on the way there. I am going to try it in the morning, if its snow very hard I am afraid they might not fly out till it lets up. I have hunted before when it has been snowing hard and they didnt fly out until it stopped or let up. Have you ever had that happen?

jayhawkmarauder
01-15-2003, 08:31 PM
my best luck has been just before or right after it stops but never had much luck during a snow

huntnfish
01-15-2003, 08:44 PM
Ya, I agree with not having much luck while its snowing. If they do fly out, they should be flying low. I guess I will find out in the morning. Do you normally kill many geese around here? This is my first year up here and I am just now finding a few places to hunt. I normally go back to Hutch and hunt with my brother. I would like to have a few local places to hunt for when I dont feel like spending all that money on gas driving to Hutch. Is the number of geese around here now pretty normal?

jayhawkmarauder
01-15-2003, 08:53 PM
it usaully pretty slow until jan. and then depending on the weather we have birds , for some reason we just don't hold them very long and they migrate out. There is a large number of local birds but by this time of year they are pretty dang smart.

Jossie
01-15-2003, 09:22 PM
Hey Huntnfish, sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen......that flat sucks!!! Hope your insurance pays off for ya.

kugohuntn
01-15-2003, 11:13 PM
Hey guess What It snowed so i decided to cancel class for myself. I am ready to go. Lets pound the shit out of them boys. Give me a hollar on My Cell If anyone wants to go.. 620-629-1822 Dont know where, but I am game. Supposed to talk to Jayhawk tomorrow so might have a plan..

Gohuntn:sn: :wak: :sn: :wak: :sn: :wak: :sn: :wak:

kugohuntn
01-16-2003, 07:04 AM
:sn: :sn: :sn: :sn: :sn: :sn: :sn:
Gohuntn

kugohuntn
01-16-2003, 07:05 AM
Wow What a start, Was going to and see if i could look up some birds, but went to start the truck and the flocker was dead.....

That will just piss you off...

Gohuntn

goosegetter
01-16-2003, 08:11 AM
KU every since that little moble home park experience VC has cursed you and I. I have had nothing but bad luck this year. Two tires blow, lost part of my trailer, and oh ya almost got thrown in jail at the moble home incident.:ST: