PDA

View Full Version : Artic cold front!

Jossie
01-14-2003, 06:11 PM
Well boys sounds like we have a wing dinger moving in. Looks like you boys to north of me are supposed to get hammered. They were saying we were supposed to get 5 to 8 inches but now they have backed off and are calling for a trace to 2 here, with 40 to 60mph winds. Looks like the northern states are finally going to get some weather to. About flipping time!

Think this will bring down any new birds or are we getting to late into the season for many birds to migrate down?

CookedGoose
01-14-2003, 06:51 PM
I hope the northern states get dumped on.. Hell I wouldnt mind gettin a crap load of snow here either..

Ben
01-14-2003, 07:12 PM
Where did you find this weather report? what direction are these winds supposed to be?

j12goose
01-14-2003, 07:37 PM
Jossie, what the hell aer you talking about???? Time for Flip to do what?????????????:rf: :rf: :rf: :rf: :rf: :rf:

AllAboutH20FowL
01-14-2003, 07:37 PM
Well I hate to rain on the parade but ........ they are only calling for 1" and winds 35mph and I really don't think that SD is suppose to get much out of it either but I could be wrong. I am hope that they do as much as you but it is not looking good
Later

AllAboutH20FowL
01-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Check on my great weather report. I saw that the Eastern part of the state is going to quite a bit more snow and weather than my area (wierd). Hope it brigs them down your way. Give them hell for me.
Later

Bart
01-15-2003, 08:25 AM
Last I heard my area is alledgedly going to get one to two inches and we're on the eastern edge of the front. The Grand Island/Kearny area is supposed to get substantially more, up to ten inches. Following the front is low to mid 40's though. Hope the snow is right and the 40's is wrong.

YellowLab
01-15-2003, 08:34 AM
How much longer does your season run up there Bart?

Jossie
01-15-2003, 10:46 AM
I swear the tv station we were watching last night said "40 to 60 mph winds". Now I have'nt heard one say that since then. You can watch 3 different stations and get 3 different weather reports.

I give up:confused: :MS: :confused: :SE:

Eric
01-15-2003, 11:20 AM
This is really starting to suck. First we're going to get 6 to 10 inches, then they say 3 to 6 inches, then they come back with a trace to 3 inches and now we'll be lucky to get a dusting of snow. What is the deal with the weather man? I would love to get some kind of weather event to either bring in some new birds or cause the ones we have to alter their "circle the spread at 65 yards high before flying off" routine.

Goose Killa
01-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Were still suppose to get hit pretty hard up here in manhattan. It looks like it could snow any minute...............

cself02
01-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Same here we are suppose to get 6 to 10 inches.

goosegetter
01-15-2003, 01:11 PM
The birds know it is coming. I have been watching a flock of 70 some birds feed in the corn filed all day long. Figures I have to work when the conditions are just right:ST:

cself02
01-15-2003, 02:08 PM
Were going hunting in it tomorrow so hopfully they are active in the snow. If not they will once it stops.

CookedGoose
01-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Yes Casey, the birds at JR are marked for death! See ya there!

What I wouldnt give for 12 inches of snow right about now.. sigh..

Better go buy a painters suit..

cself02
01-15-2003, 03:07 PM
We are going tonight to get some With rain coats or white sheets, I have five sleds they will help to toat the dekes talk to you later,

beefwelu
01-15-2003, 03:34 PM
Good luck in the morning guys. Wish I was going but will have to wait till Saturday. Don't forget to post and let everybody know how your hunts went. Anxious to see how this weather helps the hunting conditions.

Goose Killa
01-15-2003, 03:50 PM
It's snowing in manhattan right now..............If I can't hunt while it's snowing then theres only one other thing to do :cool: :cool: :cool:

VCHunter
01-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Getting pretty nasty out here in Manhattan. Was sliding all over the place trying to fly around while scouting....

Jossie
01-15-2003, 04:23 PM
Well it's starting to drizzle here......thats it.....will just end up with an inch of ice........thats my own weather prediction and just as accurate as the weathermans.:ST: :ST:

My son and I went out this morning and there were geese moving around all morning.........If you ever meet him you'll have to ask him about his 10yrd shot and geese landing on the back of his head:ST: :uh: :OM: :OM:

Dang Flip it took me all FLIPPING afternoon to figure that one out:Rich:

CookedGoose
01-15-2003, 04:42 PM
DOWN WITH THE WHITE STUFF COME ON BABY SNOW!

Tim, how many birds did you see this evening? You shoulda called me dude I know this area like the back of my hand, especially N. Tuttle..

jayhawkmarauder
01-15-2003, 04:54 PM
Looks like the :in: are on the move , just saw more birds than I've seen all year maybe I can put up the WONDERBREAD DECOYS and hunt some migrators !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goosegetter
01-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Well, we are starting to get that drizzley stuff. I am with you Jossie one inch of freezing rain along with 2,750 people without power. Just my predicition.

Hell I wish I was a weatherman. You get paid to lie and can't get fired or have a lawsuit against ya. :Art: For all of you guys still in college, you better rethink your major, I meam think about it you would know when the fronts are coming in and you could plan your vacation on the migration.:BM:

VCHunter
01-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Mark I didn't do a whole lot of scouting, just checked a couple spots I thought might be holding some birds.

Still snowing here, glad class starts tomorrow...:ST:

CookedGoose
01-15-2003, 06:32 PM
Tim, I know some good areas around here that I see birds flying all the time. I think it would be worth an evening to follow them and see where they go. Some buddies of mine went out goose hunting this evening over near the Kansas River and they said they saw a lot of flocks but that the birds knew where they were going. I also have a friend up in clay center that has TONS of land to hunt. He normally has a couple flocks that are using his ground. I talked with him this evening and he said he would get a pattern on em once this storm hits. Might be worth a hunt Tim. I'll let ya know what I find out.

Bart
01-16-2003, 05:35 PM
The weather man was wrong again, just in the other direction. Instead of just "a little" we got 6" to 8" of the stuff. Like normal, people drive like morons the first snow and we were busy all day. I'd rather sand paper a bobcats butt in a phone booth than stand on the interstate when theres snow on it. Thats some scary shit.

Chad, my area closed Sunday night, rest of the state goes to the end of the month.