PDA

View Full Version : MOJO Mallards Remote System????

FANATIC
01-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Hey boys, for those of you with the remote system, how do you like it???? It claims a 350 foot range, is this true?????? I notice alot of spinners use remote systems good for 90 feet, and we are hoping for longer range... We notice the 90 foot range isn't really the case... It's more like 25-30 feet, so we are hoping the 350 footer will atleast be a true 100 feet/35 yards (no excuses) so we can run it any where in the spread..... A guy wants the toy to work, no questions asked, everytime the button is hit, and we are not getting 90 feet off other systems.... Thanks....

Grim Reaper
01-15-2003, 03:17 PM
I am not satisfied with the Mojo Mallard remote control system. The distance capability is not the problem. When it is working, it works fine out to 50+ yards. My complaint is how often it just stops switching all together. On average, about once every time out, it will not respond when you punch the button. It can either be stuck running or turned off. Usually, it needs to have the receiver memory cleared and then you have to "re-teach" the receiver what the transmitter's frequency is. To do this you must get into the Mojo and punch a button on the receiver. I can never remember the specifics of how long to hold the button, and when to re-push it so I have to re-read the instructions. It is not a huge problem, but on average, I bet I have to go through the process once every 5-6 hours of hunting. Once last season, I could not get it to "re-program", and I had to return it to Mojo for replacement. They did replace it after I returned the bad one.

FANATIC
01-15-2003, 05:10 PM
is this with the multi-cycle remote you mean???? where you choose from 5 diifferent on/off cycles, or just the regular remote?????

Thanks for the feedback...

Grim Reaper
01-16-2003, 09:25 AM
I have the regular push button remote control system. It does not have any of the automatic timer features. You push the transmitter button to turn it on and push it again to turn it off.

FANATIC
01-16-2003, 12:09 PM
thanks buddy... appreciate the feedback...:cool:

Gander Bander
01-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Fanatic & Grim Reaper-

I have the Mojo & the remote w/ the multi-cycle remote.
I have not experienced any problem with the effective operation due to distance although I have not tried it out further than approx. 80yards. It worked fine.
At one point I thought that there was a problem with the remote button operation as Grim describes. I come to the conclusion that the on/off button needs to be depressed completely. When I depress the button only partially it will not work. I believe that these remote switches are not the best availible but mine works very good when I operate the way it wants to be.
Grim, let us know if it works better when the button is depressed completely. Mine gives off a barely audible click when when working correctly.
Hope this helps...

GB

Gander Bander
01-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Above I stated "as Grim descibes or "Grim let us know".
Sorry, I got Fanatic & Grim Reaper reversed in my mind....
Fanatic let us know if I helped any, hope so...

GB

Grim Reaper
01-17-2003, 09:35 AM
The push-button transmitter I have has a little red LED light that lights when the button is pushed and it is transmitting to switch the Mojo. For this reason, I know the button has been pushed and it has made contact. Once the receiver gets "confused", you can push the transmitter button until you are blue in the face, but nothing will change. The receiver has to be reprogrammed to correct the problem I typically experience.

Gander Bander
01-17-2003, 01:16 PM
My remote doesn't have the little light. Te buttons on mine are kind of small and I have to make sure that I push them in all the way.
These remotes aren't cheap and should work with no problems. I think that I would seriously think about contacting the manufacturer for a replacement. :Deb:

LOL :cool:

GB (Gordon)

FANATIC
01-18-2003, 10:30 AM
What year are your 2 systems from boys.... Maybe they went to a newer better system????? I am thinking maybe Grim Reaper'ss system is a year or 2 older than Gander Banders??????????????

Gander Bander
01-20-2003, 01:29 PM
Sorry that I replied sooner but haven't been the "putor" for a couple of days.
First of all I lied! My remote does have a red light. :ST: I can not believe that I never noticed it until the Grim mentioned that his did.

My system was purchased in Oct '02 but not really sure of manufacturer date.
Sorry about the misinformation guys. Now that I know about that light I have been looking at it every time I am operating it.

Forgot to mention My multi-cycle remote does have 5 different cycles, kind of nice but haven't been able to tell which cycle works best.

GB

Grim Reaper
01-21-2003, 10:26 AM
I bought 2 of the Mojo remote control systems in Oct. 2001. One for me and one for a friend. Both have experienced the problem. Within several months, my friend was so frustrated, he took the remote off his decoy and went back to either unrolling 50 yds of wire or just running it continuously. After about 3 months of use, my original remote quit working all together and I sent it back to Mojo. They sent me a new one in Jan. 2002. It was near the end of the season, so it did not really get much of a test until this season. I hoped it was improved, but it does the same thing.

DrBob
01-21-2003, 11:27 AM
i have a mojo with the simple on/off remote. the switch runs off the battery in the mojo. it needs a lot of voltage to work. i use the rechargable battery system. as the battery loses voltage the switch doesn't go on/off. the remote still sends the siganl however the switch desn't have enough juice to operate it. recharge the battery and everything is aok again....

Gander Bander
01-21-2003, 01:25 PM
As much as I hate to say it GR but I'd be sending that puppyback. Sad thing since it swould be a second go around!

Guess I've been lucky.

As far as the working range goes mine has worked out to about 90 yds. when once walking back to my coffin but haven't tried any futher out.

Gordon (GB)

:cool: Can't wait to suck a homebrew when I get home tonight!!