PDA

View Full Version : Goose hunt was a BUST

CookedGoose
01-18-2003, 05:43 AM
Well.. Casey had a field full of honkers lined up for this morning down at John Redmond. He invited me to go so I left this morning at 3:30am to make the 2 hour drive down there. On the way I blew a gasket that connects the oil adapter thingy to the engine. Oil pressure going to 0=bad. I put 4 quarts in and lost it all in 20 miles. So, 31 miles from the field I had to pull er over and buy 16 quarts of oil and turn around and head back the 85 miles I had already driven stopping every 20 miles to put more oil in. Talked to the local mech and of course he didnt have the part to fix it. Luckily I got er home in one piece without burnin up my engine. Talk about a morning.. Couldnt sleep cus I was going hunting then I had to turn around and come back... sigh.. I hate chevys so much.. Well hopefully they will shoot my limit for me..

STUBBLE BUM
01-18-2003, 07:26 AM
That sucks. I saw R&R kids post on the other forum and came over to see the pictures. Better tomorrow - STUB

Jossie
01-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Man that really does suck. Sounds like the central forum has had it's fair share of break downs this year.
Mine all happened last year......got stuck.....3 flat tires.......1 dead battery. This year has been much better!

goosegetter
01-18-2003, 08:09 PM
Mark, I am beginning to think that you might be cursed. I mean when I went hunting with you the first time I blew out a tire and the second time-later that night I ended up with a flat. :SK:

Hang in there.....

cself02
01-20-2003, 07:09 AM
Here is what you missed out on mark we had a hell of a hunt, The field was so hot on the first day that I had two land in the decoys and were 3 to 5 feet in front of my feet. Then to top it off 20 more landed with them. Unfortanatly since my hands were froze to the call in feer of movement when I went for my gun I had to do dirty harry style with the hip shot because it was hung up with my calls so only three fell from that. Here are the pics. My brother is the one with the blue sweet shirt and I am the other guy.

cself02
01-20-2003, 07:12 AM
Well that is my brother, I didn't mean to put that one first, I am the one on the right on this one.

cself02
01-20-2003, 07:14 AM
Ok here is the last day of the hunt if you wandering what my brother is holding it is baby wipes, (don't think I need to explain this one) he thinks he will be getting a sponsorship from johnson and johnson from this pic. HA, This is our two man limit here.

WildGooseChase
01-20-2003, 08:54 AM
Yikes! You boys did good!

CookedGoose
01-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Note to self.. .Chevy's SUCK! why god.. why?

cself02
01-20-2003, 11:41 AM
Probably better then my Dodge there in the pic droping the transmission at 44K. Hell I am thinking of trading it on a chevy,

Mark we ended up with 12 honkers and 1 blue goose. Don't worry we can gett'm another weekend. I believe the goose population increased quite a bit over the weekend.

CookedGoose
01-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Well I dont have class on Tuesday and Thursday... Wildgoosechase is free on those days as well+ weekends of course.

VCHunter
01-20-2003, 05:02 PM
Well I have put 1200 miles on my Chevy since Thursday with no trouble (except a flat at midnight, man it was cold), so they must not all be bad...:hest: :up: BS: :Rich:

Jossie
01-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Nice pic's guys.......I'm sure those baby wipes were for the dirty hands .......right?

Damn Tim........is that girlfriend making you drive all those miles to see her????BS: BS: :GM: :Luv:

cself02
01-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Well I think I will have me a new one by the weekend, monster truck go bye bye, I am trading it off before I have to put another transmission in the dam thing, Since I am nearing another 44k on it.

CookedGoose
01-21-2003, 09:57 PM
Well I got my car in the shop. Looks like around a 150$ fix. Then they give me a call saying that today when they tried to pull my car back in the garage to look at it again the key wont fit in the ingnition. Then those bastards have the nerve to try and make me pay for something I didnt even do. The car was in their care when it happened and the key fit just fine the day before. Someone just broke the key and didnt want to fess up so they try and make me pay for the damn thing.

If any of you guys from Manhattan ever have car trouble dont waste your time with Dick Edwards.. All they do is try to screw you over..

cself02
01-22-2003, 06:04 AM
Don't they all try and screw everyone, I am suprised they didn't try and tell you you needed to add blinker fluid.

You ready to put the hurtins on some honkers Tues.

I will most likely go and warm em up on Monday.

:wak: :wak: :wak: :in:

CookedGoose
01-22-2003, 07:41 AM
You have no idea how ready I am to put the hurt on some honkers..

cself02
01-22-2003, 07:52 AM
Yeah hopefully we can get back in the same field, it was an old couple and they were really nice but they just said to ask them every time we come out, don't think it should be a problem, I gave them a thank you card to butter them up last time.

If they wont let us then we can find another field, I know the area pretty well.