PDA

View Full Version : incredible hunt

crc1514
01-19-2003, 05:30 PM
well i went out this morning with my cousins and a few other guys, 8 total. we set right at daylight and waited nearly 2 hours before the birds started flying. however, about 9:00 we got into about 5 big flocks of snow geese. soon after we had about 5 flocks of honkers come in. when all was said and done, we had 22 dead honks and 33 dead snows. it was an absolute shootout. :st: and duckboat decided to sleep in:ST: we set up 7 dzen bigfoots, 4 dozen mag shells and 3 dozen snow shells. i also called in my first goose this morning. one lonely single while we were still setting up:cool:

NE Hunter
01-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Sounds like a great hunt, congrates on calling in your first goose. Something I still have not done--I am a duck hunter just getting started in goose hunting. Must have been a thrill. Congrates again, Matt E.
You got any pictures??????

VCHunter
01-19-2003, 05:54 PM
Figures.....:pl:

Got some good stuff lined up for tomorrow, hope it goes better than today did...:hest:

Cut-um
01-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Pretty awesome Craig!!!:TT: I guess Duckboat hasn't been the same since doing the feather dance with the Bigredguy...:NW: :tu: :rof:

Jossie
01-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Wow.....congrats Craig. Sounds like the central forum ripped them up this weekend.

So Duckboat...whats up? You getting old or are you to busy with a woman now days:Art: :JW: :DB: :Luv: :Luv:

Bart
01-19-2003, 07:17 PM
Way to go Craig, it's pretty cool calling them pigs in ain't it. Wish our day would have been half as good as yours. Last day of our season and we watched thousands of geese come of the refuge and fly west, too bad we were set up south.

ksgoosehunter
01-19-2003, 07:22 PM
Way to stack them up boys!! Sounded like a big massacre!

Tim-Shoot a limit for me in the morning...I left town about 2 hours too early or I'd be there.:ST: Maybe next weekend. Let us know how many you :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak:

Goose Killa
01-19-2003, 08:12 PM
Post some pics from that awesome hunt:wak:

VCHunter
01-19-2003, 08:22 PM
Sorry I didn't get ahold of you earlier Taylor, I wasn't expecting that field to be that loaded tonight...:confused:

Next weekend......:wak: :wak: :wak:

beefwelu
01-19-2003, 08:29 PM
Man thats alot of birds. Sounds like a great hunt. Hey duck boat , we've got a little something in common. Went hunting with RandR kid, extremefowler,rnaredneck, and kansasgoose this morning. Geese didn't come out and feed but we did end up with three snows and a blue wich decoyed perfectly. Decided to give up about 11:00 and left the spread out for an evening hunt. Decided to skip the evening and made the worst mistake of the season. They ended up with 10 honkers and three bands. Oh well shit happens,I'm happy as hell that you guys got some jewlery. Makes the trip down well worth it.

bigredguy42
01-20-2003, 07:34 PM
I dont think John can come out to play:CY: :CY:

rockandroll_kid
01-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Damn,
Sounds like you boys tore it up.
That is a pile of birds................Nice job