PDA

View Full Version : band - age!

DrBob
01-21-2003, 04:20 AM
E469 - yellow neck band with anklet as well. :Art: :Art: :Art: :Art: :Art: :Art:

Pete S
01-21-2003, 03:05 PM
I'm here all stressed out.The Doc gives me a scrip.And the sob takes my med.Some doc you are.BWAAAAAAAAA.Good goin Bob.
Pete S

Bones
01-21-2003, 03:41 PM
What the doc leaves out is the story!!!!
Ok - we set up in this marsh, got a flock of geese feeding about 500 yards away. As we are setting up (puttin out the silo's and setting up the ground blinds) somebody kicks them up with there dog. Ok, so Now there is about 100 geese in the air, Bob yells to just lay down and we start calling in - as the main flock splits for safer grounds, 2 break off and head our way. Here they come with us not in the blinds - we'll they come in anyway - I shoot at the bird on the right, bob shoots at the left one. Mine drops, His keeps going (although hit). Ok, were their 15 minutes and one bird down already. 20 minutes go by - we are finally ready, and I tell bob - here comes a single. He starts calling this goose like its on a string. This goose comes right dab in - being i got one down and he's the host - I don't shoot and Bob hammers it. It goes down, as I'm looking at it I see what I think is a Band. I tell him and watch as he gallops just a little faster. He yells back - " a band, Damn this things got a collar to boot". Sure enough its got this great big yellow collar!!! Got to say I never have gotten one with a band but it was awfully cool to see a guy get one - i think we were both psyched - ok, I wasn't as psyched everytime we would be laying there waiting for geese and he would read out loud the collar #- hahahahaahha!!! Anyway - It was a great hunt, had a great time, learned the Doc is a pretty damn good goose caller and came a hair closer to getting that elusive band. Oh and showed Bob what a CT coyote looks like!
Thanks again Bob, we have to celebrate MLK day like that again!
Bones

DrBob
01-22-2003, 04:50 AM
bones shoots his bird and its real windy. he goes to pick it up. he's yelling something like "coyote." i'm thinking to myself that either i'm not hearing it right or he's nuts (joking). we're in a suburban marsh. sure enough, a coyote saw that bird fall and trotted across the marsh for a fresh meal. he saw bones and got scared off. if i didn't witness this with my own eyes i wouldn't have believed it!