PDA

View Full Version : Does Flocking Kill ?

duckpoor
01-22-2003, 01:00 PM
Setting up for the long off season projects list.

I am sure There will be opinions on this.
1. Do Flocked heads result in a higher body count at the end of the season ?
2. Day in day out will it make a difference filling the freezer.
3. Do all need to be flocked or just active heads.
(Do the feeders too or are they necessary?)
We have a bunch and honestly don't mind the investement in time or $$$ if it is really worth it.
The spread works very well out of the box.Big feet and higdon stackables make up bulk of the flock. Outlaws when we need to get real big.
Let me know what you think.

thanks, rg

GQQSE
01-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Welp... I don't know. I do know they look better to the human eye. I think it may have a better affect on em in the early season when I put out smaller spreads, but when the migrators are here, I throw out over 800 black and white sillys with foots and other 4 color sillys, so I don't think it makes a difference then, although I do put the majority of the flocked foots in the "kill zone". Me and dumpem killed a few at my pit last weekend and all of the geese that came in, came straight to the black and whites:confused:
The main reason I flocked the heads on my foots, was because the offseason is too damn long. Another thang... if you bang your dekes around continually, maybe flocking ain't the best. I don't mess with takin the heads off, or puttin socks over em... too big of a pain in the ass. I trailer em or out em in the back of my truck, but I'm just a little more careful with em now. Don't know if that answered your question or not.... but bottomline... it keeps you mind on the goo in the offseason :TT:

kygoose
01-22-2003, 06:05 PM
I flocked a bunch, probably 25 doz. & like GQ said they look good to the human eye. Usually every morn. when we go in to the pit theres some that spent the night with em, but I've also seen em spend the night with tires. :TT: To me it's worth doing.

BrianM
01-22-2003, 06:43 PM
I have had my best season on the locals(The Migrators never made it here)And this is my second year with the flocked foots!!!!

GQQSE
01-23-2003, 06:35 AM
Holy Sheist KY!!!!!!!!!! 25 dozen!?!?! did you do the drill and wire wheel technique? Maaaan..... I betcha ya went through a few boxes of bandaids. :uh:

Brian.... I ain't forgot about ya..... it's just this season has been so damn sporadic on the killin that I'd hate to have ya up here to look at blue skies all day. We'll get ya here though buddy. :TT:

kansasgoose
01-23-2003, 11:01 AM
I think some of it is when you hunt too. flocking definately looks better to me, but do you have more sunny days or more clouds?? I think those washington/oregon boys have enough weather out there to not flock, but here, we have 99% bluebird days. therefore, shine is a problem.

I wish someone would come up with some flocking that doesnt rub off!

extrapale
01-23-2003, 01:12 PM
I don't know if it helped or not. They look a lot better to me. We flocked ten dozen. We also flocked about six dozen tails both the black and white. I wouldn't do that again.