PDA

View Full Version : The Slaughter III

rockandroll_kid
01-23-2003, 04:00 PM
Its gonna happen in the morning, I would like to have a few xtra guns and some more callers.
If interested reply to this message or drop me a pm.

There were about 1000 geese and 150 snows out there this morning and this evening.
I have one guy going for sure, I would like to have 5 or 6 guys total.:wak: :wak: :TT:

It looks like the wind is gonna be perfect coming out of the SE tonight and coming out of the S 5 to 15 in the morning

goosegetter
01-23-2003, 04:55 PM
I am feeln kinda sick and might have to call into work sick tomorrow. Rocknroll how many dekes do you have I have 80-100 and two blinds. I don't want to be rude, but if you want another guy I probably can get one of my buddies, assuming no other local flockers want to come.

rockandroll_kid
01-23-2003, 05:11 PM
goosegetter,

I have 10 dozen outlaws, and 10 bigfoots and 2 stuffers with 21 more in the making and a buddy has 12 bigfoots. The bad thing about the silos is that we are gonna have to work a little harder to get em in the ground.
I will pm you with some directions. I dont care if your buddy comes, just let me know if its a for sure thing.
Looking forward to meeting you..............................Monte

rockandroll_kid
01-23-2003, 05:27 PM
Goosegetter............Youve got mail:uh: :uh:

Hope you get to feeling better:Rich: :Rich: :Rich:

goosegetter
01-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Rocknroll Plan on me and my buddy being there at 5. Got your directions and plan on bringin the entire rig down tomorrow. Are we hunting winter wheat or plowed corn????

I just hate geetn that damn 24 hour flu bug:Rich:

rockandroll_kid
01-23-2003, 06:23 PM
We will be in the winter wheat

I have some antibiotics you can have when you get here. The come in the shape of :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak:

goosegetter
01-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Hell ya sounds good to me.... WHat are you using to camo the blinds up??? I have one set of whoop grass that I could use for one of the blinds.

goosegetter
01-23-2003, 06:34 PM
By the way on your directions, I take it that I start off by going S. on highway 77 out of Augusta

rockandroll_kid
01-23-2003, 06:37 PM
What we did last time was divide the grass up and put 5 or 6 hanks on each blind.
We will also clutter the bigfoots around the blinds.

The only problem is that my lucky charm has school other wise I could almost guarantee a band :wk: :wk: :wk:

Yes you are correct on the directions

goosegetter
01-23-2003, 06:42 PM
Well, looks like we will see ya in the morning. You might want to scratch your privates one last time:JW:

Jossie
01-23-2003, 07:18 PM
Good luck in the morning fellas........Your going to like this field Goosegetter!

Brrrrrrr......dress warm.:sn: :sn: :sn: :wak: :wak: :wak:

Xtremefowler
01-23-2003, 10:35 PM
Dam Monte, wish I wasn't stuck out here in Co or I would be there. Good luck and save a few for seed!!:in: :wak:

Skeet in NZ
01-24-2003, 01:35 AM
Good luck boys:TT: :TT: :wak:

Rob

kansasgoose
01-24-2003, 03:59 AM
dont forget to post a pic of that green necklace!!:cool:

rockandroll_kid
01-24-2003, 06:07 PM
First off it was nice meeting goosgetter and his buddy Ean (SP)
We got the spread set up which consisted of 3 or 4 dozen bigfoots and supermag shells, standard shells.
Didnt put out the outlaws because the ground was so hard:NW:
We got everything set up and went and parked the vehicles. Well on the way back to the spread we had 7 snow geese plop there butts right in the middle of the decoys.

We had one ross come in a little while later and I called the shot and my hunting companions were a little slow on the draw:HP: so i put the hammer down.

The honkers came and came and went and went but would not commit to the spread. We tried everything and just couldnt get em in. We ended up with 3 honkers and 3 light geese.

I will post a pic of the birds when I get my lazy butt out to the truck and get my camera.

:uh: :uh:

Blackfoothunter
01-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Hey, I am new to the site. Have you heard that they banded 150 birds just North of where you are hunting. You guys have a great hunting spot. If you ever need an extra man let me know. I have decoys, blinds and decent hunting spots.

rockandroll_kid
01-24-2003, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the roost Kirk:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

goosegetter
01-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Monte, Hey thanks for inviting us down. We had a blast. One hell of a cold ass morning, but it was well worth the pain and some how the antibotics you gave me fixed my 24 hour flu.Well have to get together again and give it hell.

Blackfoothunter, welcome to the roost good to see another wichita guy on here.:cool: Where abouts are you hunting?

Xtremefowler
01-25-2003, 08:20 AM
Glad to hear you guys had some luck. Man you shooting those snows has my blood pumping for the spring season.

Goose Killa
01-25-2003, 11:00 AM
Good to have you on the roost.

goosegetter
01-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Nick it was good meeting you on Friday.

Monte, I am having bad dreams about that field. I have never seen a field that had so much goose shit in it. Keep me posted on if you take on of those green neck collars:Art:

CookedGoose
01-25-2003, 08:31 PM
Just think, while you guys were out havin a good ole time shootin the shit(literally) and killin geese I was stuck in class up here at KSU.. sigh.. Hey Nick.. Are you coming back to manhattan tomorrow? Reason I ask is me and WildGooseChase are thinkin about a possible goose scout.. WGChase has seen some birds the last week and I think we are gonna give em the chase. Let me know if your game.... Mark
(should be back at KSU around 2 pm if the day goes as planned)

Wish me luck on tomorrows goose shoot.. If anyone would like me to shoot them a limit just say the words and it be DONE! lol