PDA

View Full Version : Cork for decoys

3inch3's
01-25-2003, 06:58 AM
I was wondering where you guys get your cork for carving decoys. I want to try my hand at it this off season and make me some working blocks. Any help will be appreciated by me but not my wife!!

chcltlabz
01-27-2003, 06:04 AM
Try www.corkstore.com (jerlinek cork). I've used their kits, as well as their cork sheets. Word of advice: buy the more expensive light colored cork. It is much better than the dark cork. The decoys will hold up better, and it is much nicer to work with (not as dusty, and carves nicer). When I carve working decoys, I use herter's heads, because the heads take as long as the rest of the decoys do to carve. Hope this helps, and have fun carving. Remember, you only have one person to blame for poor decoys when yo make them yourself.

Sean Seery
01-28-2003, 08:32 AM
You can also find it at http://www.duckblind.com. They also have a ton of other carving supplies as well... Hope this helps.

Flipper
01-28-2003, 08:39 AM
Hey Guys, don't forget to post some picks of your decoy's when you are done so we can all be inspired. I am sure lots of us would like to see how you are doing them. :Rich: