PDA

View Full Version : Number of Bands?

Landing Gear
01-25-2003, 08:39 PM
I have not been as lucky as some of you out there, so I was wondering what is the most bands anyone has got this year?

Neck Bands? Still looking for my first.

VCHunter
01-26-2003, 11:41 AM
Seen 174 geese die this year and one band-yesterday. (Hey John, :BRG: )

I think ksgoosehunter gets the lucky award this year with his 2 neck collars...BS:

rockandroll_kid
01-26-2003, 12:52 PM
3 leg bands here:Rich: :Rich:

There have been 6 killed on our hunts

CookedGoose
01-26-2003, 04:44 PM
No geese bands this year, well considering I have only killed 2 its not a good chance for me to have any.. But I did shoot a banded drake mallard. That was the highlight of my year.. I did see a neck band shot last year on north tuttle by a friend of mine.. Those birds are most likely the ones VC has been seeing in manhattan.. There are always a group of neck banders that frequent tuttle every year.... Good Hunting.. 174 geese ay VC, better leave some bands/geese for us noobies.. lol

Jossie
01-26-2003, 05:26 PM
I got my first one this year and it is my only one.

jayhawkmarauder
01-26-2003, 07:35 PM
I personally :wak: 25 so far this year with 2 bands , best year ever.

Blackfoothunter
01-26-2003, 07:39 PM
42 geese 1 leg band.

Xtremefowler
01-26-2003, 10:36 PM
I don't know the exact # of birds killed but I have seen 4 Canada goose bands shot, 1 blue goose with neck and leg band, and I personally shot a double banded mallard with a $100.00 reward band.

kansasducker
01-27-2003, 04:36 AM
3 and one collar if that counts 4. Wife has 3 also...can I call that 6 for me or not?

nraredneck
01-27-2003, 05:50 AM
No, You can't count hers. You can count it in on the hunting party numbers.
So- I've got two leg bands and been on hunts where 9 bands have been shot this year. 1 teal, 2 mallards(1double banded), 1 blue, and 4 honks.
Extreme- we're not talking numbers cause no one, including me would believe it!!:wak: :wak: :wak:

Jason in KC
01-27-2003, 07:34 AM
I've killed 2 bands this season.

MallardMasher
01-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Haven't killed any this year, but hopefully this spring:Art:

ksgoosehnter
01-29-2003, 08:48 AM
I have collected 2 leg bands from Canadian geese. My brother shot 1 whitefront with a leg band while hunting with me. We have killed 129 geese with 3 total bands.

I have averaged between 100 and 200 geese per year for the past 4 years. I have killed 1 band per year until this year where I killed 2.

I am jealous fo you guys that are killing 3 or more bands per year and especially you guys that are killing neck collars. Maybe I am hunting in the wrong places.

Oh yeah, just remembered I killed 3 bands this year. Shot a banded dove in
September.

goosecollar
01-29-2003, 11:10 AM
Here in Ontario, up North from you fellows, shot 72 geese(Canadas), 1 green neck collar and a leg band to match, that was it . Mind you proud to get that one. Shot also around 60 ducks, not one band. Friend of mine shot a banded mallard in 3 hunts in a row.Over a week and a half , 3 times out, 3 bands. Not my kind of luck. Still good meat though.At least we have a chance to shoot birds. Gratefull for that. Man you fellas shoot birds. Someday I'll have to take a little road trip.Good luck in all your band adventures.

DUCKDIGGLER
01-29-2003, 11:55 AM
I personally shot 3 honks that were leg banded this season. Our group has shot 11 honker bands this year(thats 8 of us). Only 3 duck bands though, all mallards. 11 banded honks is way above average for our group, we normally put 3 or 4 bands on the ground over the course of the year and maybe 1 or 2 duck bands. We did have awesome weather this year, lots of cold and snow. Haven't had weather like this in at least 3 years. Man we had a great year!!! Can't wait till sept. !!

speck
01-29-2003, 02:19 PM
We shot about 160 ducks this year and got 2 bands. And we got 20 honker and 1 band! Cant wait till Snow goose season. I still haven't shot a neck collar yet my life. But still got a lot of time to.

Landing Gear
01-29-2003, 02:48 PM
ksgoosehnter......Did you say a banded dove?
Have you gotten back any info? If so please tell.

gettinfowl
01-30-2003, 12:21 AM
Well not only am I new to Flocknockers, but I am finally getting into goose hunting within the last 3 weeks thanks to some friends of mine. Although I have only shot 4 geese this year, the first one had jewelry attatched. (Nothing like beginners luck) I already got my certificate, and the goose was from Nebraska, just banded this past summer.

ksgoosehunter
01-30-2003, 08:38 AM
The goosegods have have definalely been with me a little this year. Two honkers with green and white collars with leg bands..and Monday I shot a leg banded honker and my hunting buddy bagged a leg band that day as well. In the last 4 years I had seen 1 leg band get harvested and this year four.

Tim came up yesterday and we were planning on snaggin a couple more.......then Dallas showed up...Mr. bad luck himself!! What was I thinking calling him???:ST:

Dallas--We'll bring that pile of birds to your office on Friday morning and hopefully a couple more bands!:uh: :OUCH:

Landing Gear
01-30-2003, 04:26 PM
Welcome aboard gettinfowl....

How lucky are you? It took me 6/yrs before I got my first band. It's also been 3/yrs since my last.

You picked a good place to learn goose hunting, these people have some good expierence behind them.

Again Welcome

Landing Gear

66 Honker
01-30-2003, 06:42 PM
I got two this year or three if you count the neck band?????
First was a banded BW teal from Sask and then a leg band/neck collar combo from Ontario.

Most ever in a year was three, 2 of these came out of back to back flocks. Got a neck collar a few weeks later from the same field.:cool:

honker slayer
01-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Buddies and I killed over 100 geese, 1 leg band was it.:Rich:

The Dogger
02-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Seen 300 + geese killed and we didnt even sniff one band all year. That's just how it goes up here in Nodak. Lots of birds-very few bands. I was lucky enough to snag 2 bands of a couple mallards though, lucky me I guess, only one in my group to get any this year.

Double o Buck
02-03-2003, 07:23 PM
There have been about 100 birds killed this year in our group,2 neck bands with leg bands and 4 other canadians with leg bands.
Keep pluging away Landing Gear your DUE.

de-bander
02-03-2003, 09:49 PM
ksgoosehnter - Wow a dove band. Now that's rare!
4 neck bands and 7 leg bands for me. Been a good year but I've put a lot of time in and been specifically targeting bands. Somedays I have scanned literally thousands of birds looking for neck bands. The group has taken another 5 neck bands and 7 leg bands. This is out of around 700 birds. All the neck bands have been off of canadas - 5 yellow, 3 white and 1 red. Of the leg bands 2 were ducks, 1 was a turkey and the rest were canadas. We spotted all but 1 of the neck bands before we shot and only 1 of the leg bands. All but one band was taken in Oregon and the other in Washington.