PDA

View Full Version : The Slaughter IV

CookedGoose
01-27-2003, 12:46 PM
(sorry to steal your title RRKid lol) Well tomorrow me and WildGooseChase are taking an adventure down to John Redmond to meet Casey and pound some geese on a field he has been hunting and supposedly doing quite well. I'm pretty sure we are hunting the same field that casey killed birds on last week.(same field pics were shot from) Hopefully the goose gods will bless us all dearly. Wish us luck!

:wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak:

twells
01-27-2003, 01:02 PM
good luck guys!!

thomas

Landing Gear
01-27-2003, 04:35 PM
Good Luck Guys.....shoot straight

rockandroll_kid
01-27-2003, 04:56 PM
No problem cooked goose,
hope you guys get into some birds and lets see some pics

cself02
01-27-2003, 05:46 PM
It is on in the morning,

We call this field suicide hill.

kansasgoose
01-28-2003, 07:46 AM
nice pic. Looks like a good place to be:cool:

triggerhappydug
01-28-2003, 04:19 PM
Lookin good!!!

rockandroll_kid
01-28-2003, 06:39 PM
triggerhappydug,

You ever do any channel cat fishin on the smokey just S. of Russell??? We fished that river alot back in the 80s, not alot of water but when you found the holes you did pretty well.

CookedGoose
01-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Ok heres the run down on The Slaughter IV. Set up in the field about 7 am and had a group of 8 or so work us while we were setting up. Around 8:15-8:30 is when the shit started flying. We were hunting in very dense fog which made it tough to see where the birds were coming from, thus making a flag almost useless. So we just called a lot and it just so happened that the birds were wanting in our field from the start. First group of about 50 we put several on the ground before coming up and administering the kibosh. Unfortunately me and Casey both aimed at the same bird so we only dropped 2 out of the first batch. Then 2 min later here comes another bunch. Once again we let a couple land before dismantling the flock bird by bird. We dropped 3 out of that I believe. Needless to say we were limited in 45 min, 9 birds. I have to say I had the best time of my life out there today. I have never experienced such large flocks of honkers finishing. Too bad you can only shoot 3, I think we could have shot 30. I was the last to limit and my bird went down, then recovered, took off and sailed a couple hundred yards to a grass patch. While I was recovering that bird we had 5 flocks try to land in our deeks.. Jeremy and Casey are standing in the deeks and birds are 15 feet from em wanting in so bad. Well.. needless to say I had a great hunt and I have to give credit where its due.. Casey was the man with the plan.. Thanks for makin it happen. It was the best goose hunt so far for me.

Hunted suicide hill.. it definitely earned its name today!

WildGooseChase
01-29-2003, 08:00 AM
It was truely an awsome day! I'll remember that one for a long time. A big thanks to Casey for his guide job yesterday they were where he said, when he said they would be there.

triggerhappydug
01-29-2003, 05:53 PM
rockandroll_kid

Yea we do a little here and there. But it hasn't been running very well for a couple of years. 2 summers ago we cought a 40 pounder on a limb line. My old man was so pumped that it was all he talked about last summer when the river was down.