PDA

View Full Version : They are gonna get you both ways

Ken H
01-31-2003, 10:10 PM
if you hunt anything and deer hunt,

Reading the paper tonite and noticed something about deer and turkey damage. Derek Schmidt is introducing legislation to provide compensation for motorists and farmers from deer and turkeys. The proposal would establish the Wildlife Damage Compensation Act with a fund paying motorists up to $1,000 max and farmers $5,000 max.
Funding would come from:

Fines paid by convicted wildlife law violators :BRG:

$5.00 surcharge on hunting licenses :Deb:

$10.00 stamp on big game permits (don't have a smilie for really getting screwed)

And proceeds from sale of propery seized by KDWP

Maybe if they lowered the price of tags and offered more turkey permits we wouldn't see this happening.

Sorry, I kind of think this sucks.

WildGooseChase
01-31-2003, 11:51 PM
All that money should go towards KDWP. They are getting the short end of the funding stick already. They would be able to do a better job of managing those problems if they weren't under funded and under staffed to begin with. The mistike with the kind of legislation that you spoke of is that it is a superficial answer to a much deeper problem. I feel KDWP has always had far too much outside influence on what it allowed and able to do. OK, it's late and I'm going to bed before I get myself too worked up to go to sleep. One more beer and it's bed time!

.........man that makes me mad.............

center12
02-01-2003, 04:21 AM
Why should hunters have to pay for vehicle and crop damage? Aren't we the ones out there try to keep the population in check?
What the hell is insurance for, some of the bullshit our rep's try to pull concerning OUR wildlife is a farse. Wish the Legislature would leave wildlife and it's management to the pro's(KDWP). Those frigging pigs can't figure out how to fix the budget through proper spending practices, but they sure were quick to learn how to rape the sportsmen and women of Kansas. Oh well, time to send another letter to my rep:HP:

cself02
02-01-2003, 08:02 AM
I really don't see why all the bunny huggers bitch about us killing Deer.....etc when now we are paying the SOB's to run over them.

Looks like to me it is one of them FO's trying to stop people from hunting but this is the only way to filter out some of us without coming out and saying it. We always got money from my farm anyway when the fields got damaged from insurance.

:st: :st: :st: BS: BS: BS: