PDA

View Full Version : How To build a Cow Decoy, anyone know?

CookedGoose
02-01-2003, 01:32 AM
Hey guys I am wondering how all you boys who cow decoy snows in fields build your deeks. What do you make them out of, how do you paint them and with what kind of paint, how big, ect. Any and all details appreciated. Thanks

Flocknocker
02-01-2003, 02:25 AM
Get a 4x8 sheet of 1/4" plywood lay it in the field. Lay the cow down on top of the plywood, hold it still and trace around the cow. Now cut out the plywood cow paint it black and stick it in the field so the farmer won't miss it. Now take the cow out to the field and walk beside it. Works great!!!!! Of coarse you have to feed and trailer the cow but you get a hell of a good BBQ after the hunt is over.

THE RULE

:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :pk: BS: :confused:

Other than that I don't have a clue I draw stick cows, I ain't very artsy..

Cliff

rockandroll_kid
02-01-2003, 02:45 AM
Here is a silo of a cow. What you need to do is enlarge it and print a copy. Then you can have a overhead copy made and then use an overhead projector and project the image onto a piece of plywood and trace it. Cut it out and paint it, add a few handles on the backside and a couple holes that you can look through and you have a cow deke. The first time I used mine I was laughing so hard I had to keep stopping.
They do work but you feel kinda silly

I have an overhead and a projector, if you want to make one some day, email me and for a six pack I will hook you up:Rich:

:cool: Good luck: :Rich:http://a0.cpimg.com/image/72/E2/16267890-45fb-0240018F-.jpg

cself02
02-01-2003, 08:08 AM
I have some cows back home on the farm that we can use to trace one out. :ST: :ST: :ST:

what about buying one of those halloween costumes where one person is the rear and one is the front, or we could make a 3D one and put it on my truck and just drive out into the field, ha ha,

cself02
02-01-2003, 08:34 AM
HEre I have it Check this out,

WildGooseChase
02-01-2003, 10:44 AM
HAHA that's funny.......ya know I've always thought about taking up cow hunting. There are SO may of them and they sure taste good. I think I'll need a bigger shotgun. I suppose you could use the deke for sneeking geese too.

.............Hey Mark!.......When does cow season open?

Jossie
02-01-2003, 11:37 AM
We like to take a staple gun and staple the cow to the plywood. Makes it much eaiser to trace.

Bawhahahah.......Good one guys!!!:rf: :rof: :rof: :rof:

CookedGoose
02-01-2003, 02:50 PM
LOL thats funny as hell casey.. good one.. Anyways the reason I posted this thread was because I wanted to see if it mattered what you made the cow decoy out of and if detail was important. Obviously its not.

cself02
02-01-2003, 02:56 PM
I figured you would like that, I can't quite laughing everytime I think about it, :ST:

cself02
02-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Oh did you notice how jermy's legs are just dangling.....:Rich:

WildGooseChase
02-01-2003, 05:27 PM
My legs aren't dangling........They are just knee high in cow shit.......added effect!