PDA

View Full Version : Some days are better then others

Double o Buck
02-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Hey guys, this is the first time I have posted anything and I just wanted to say hi to evevryone, I also wanted to share with you all a great ending to a good season.

We killed 4 nice geese today, 2 of which had neck bands with leg bands and 1 other goose had a leg band, a pretty good ending I would say.

Is there a good way to take the neck bands apart ? I would like to put the band on a mount.

Landing Gear
02-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Congrats on the bands but I should have been there. As far as taking them off I would just RIP them off.

No all jokes aside congrats on the bands. lol

:uh: :CY: :CY: :cool:

Landing Gear

Jossie
02-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Hey Double o Buck, welcome to the Central forum and the Roost. Looks like you guys had a heck of a last day. Wish I could help you on the neck collars but in all my years of hunting I have never even seen one let alone killed one. I'm sure someone on here can help you out though. Congrats!!

Jac E
02-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Very nice guys
I got 2 collars both them i was able to take a real thin
knife blade and poke a little at a time and work all the
way around the glue and split the glue and slide
it off the neck. or just cut the head off.

Jac

triggerhappydug
02-02-2003, 07:18 AM
Good Job Guys!!!!

Next time don't forget your old buddy Trigger!!!

jwalizer
02-02-2003, 11:17 AM
Phat Daddy Ken -
Way to go, Dad. Just wanted to say keep up the great work and that I miss ya! Just think, more birds to add to the basement. lol Have a great week!

#1 daughter -
Jenn

Ryhlee
02-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Well thats a pretty impressive first post. Two neck collars in one day is pretty awesome. No help with the collars here either.

Jenn, you are only the second female poster we have had in the central forum. Sounds like Goose me TX has some competition. Nice to have you new guys around. :TT:

cself02
02-02-2003, 01:36 PM
I am with Jossie the only time I have seen a neck collar is on the mounts at Cabelas and in a park, even with my speed I couldn't run fast enough after em, should of been carrying some wander bread.

:pl: :wak: :in: :in: :HP: :Cop:

Welcome jwalizer as well there should be more of you!

beefwelu
02-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the roost. Way to go on the collars. The only collars i've ever seen are the ones setting on RandR kids gun cabinet.

BlueWing
02-02-2003, 08:07 PM
Awsome job, dont know if any other state uses those colours but around here them green neckies are from michigan, got one last year.....To take them off you can just squeez them and they should open they are just glued, you could use some heat if need be (never done this personally though....again awsome job, thats a fantastic hunt...:pl: :pl:

Jason in KC
02-03-2003, 08:43 AM
Congrats on the bands and welcome to the Roost. Post up where the birds where banded when you get the info back.

:Rich:

YellowLab
02-03-2003, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the roost and congrats on the bands and collars.

Were you guys after the collars, in other words did you know there were collars using the field?

:cool: :cool:

Double o Buck
02-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Thanks for all the replys

To answer your question Yellowlab, we knew there were collars in
the area but I did not see them the night before when I scouted.
When the birds came in I didn't see any, but the other guy I was hunting with seen the collar he got and I got mine when the birds came back. I still didn't know that I had gotten a collar until I pick up the bird and then I was surprised when I seen that the second bird that I got out of that group had a leg band. When I
find out where they were banded I'll let you all know.