PDA

View Full Version : It's on in Great Bend, KS this June

Eric
02-04-2003, 09:26 AM
Had a friend tell me about seeing this on a this on a different forum site, called the Marshland Enterprise boys up about this Summer's calling contest and they confirmed the dates. Thought I'd pass it on:

Kansas Waterfowl & Wetlands Weekend

The Kansas Waterfowl & Wetlands Weekend will be held on June 13th, 14th & 15th in Great Bend, KS. New this year
will be a World All-Around Waterfowl Calling Champion. There will be other contests including two $1000 Goose
Contests, Kids events, Novice Contests and the World Championship Sandhill Crane event. More info will be posted soon. Also this year will be a Kansas Resident Only Goose contest.

Break out all the calls!!! This should prove to be one of the biggest goose calling contests in the country.

PS--By the way, the very first Final Approach 2-Man contest started here in Great Bend, and it'll be back here again! Remember guys (and gals), the participants must be lying down inside the blinds with the doors CLOSED. This makes it more interesting. You pop the lids too soon---you're disqualified.

YellowLab
02-04-2003, 10:01 AM
I'm sure I won't be able to make it though.:NW: I'll either be busy changing diapers or be getting ready to go to the hospital close to then.:confused: :cool:

Tim Williams
02-04-2003, 10:38 AM
Eric, Can you tell me if this show is like the show in Kansas City? Thanks

Eric
02-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Tim, Since I didn't make the KC deal I can't tell you for sure. I'll let you know if and when I find out more info!

VCHunter
02-04-2003, 02:37 PM
You know I'll be there. Glad to see they are getting around and getting it organized this year instead of letting it fall by the wayside. You can count on about all of the big names being there. Glad to see they are doing a Kansas resident only contest.

Hey Dallas, put me down for dibs on your couch....oh wait, forgot about Taylor's stains, guess I'll claim a floor spot...:GM:

Ken H
02-04-2003, 02:59 PM
You all have fun. I won't be able to go even I would just go to watch.

Bart
02-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Tim, if it is anything like the one in 2001 it will be very similar. There were several call makers, guide services, ect that had boothes. The contests were indoors so you weren't forced to watch/listen if you didn't want to.

Landing Gear
02-04-2003, 04:24 PM
Hey fellow knockers

I did't make the one 2/yrs ago, but when I was there Foiles, and Grounds Reps were all calling in the contest. Which is impressive by itself.

Far as I know it will still be located at the Best Western Hotel again. Hope to see some of you knockers out there.

I grew up in GB so if I can help with anything shoot me a private M. :Rich:

Landing Gear

jayhawkmarauder
02-04-2003, 05:45 PM
CHAD, you need not make excuses since you hunting days are soon over, just post this smiley http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies/1041213317.gif-----------:JW:

ksgoosehunter
02-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Good one Tim!

Maybe I can get Pauline down for the show for a little live entertainment and to break in Dallas's couch a little better. I held back the first time but not anymore!!:uh: :TT:

VCHunter
02-04-2003, 06:40 PM
I'll see if she wants to hitch a ride out there with me, I'm sure she'll be dying to see you....:uh:

ksgoosehunter
02-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Sounds good other than she'll probably want to "practice" on the way out...you may never make it to Great Bend!!:NW:

Ryhlee
02-04-2003, 09:06 PM
I would imagine that I'll be heading that way as well. Just steer me clear of all stains on the couch.

And Tim I dont think that you have any room to talk with stains on the couch. I dont really want to know what kind of stains that Taylor put on the couch but I remember you putting some :tu: stains on Jims couch last summer. :VC: :tu: :cool: :OUCH:

Let the contest season begin. :pl: :up: