PDA

View Full Version : Coating for BF

SHOTGUN
02-06-2003, 07:35 PM
I know this has come up before but other than Testors is their any other type of spray I can put on my BF?

I tryed that polyurathane on a few last fall and they sure came out shiney.

SHOTGUN

Flipper
02-06-2003, 08:22 PM
Find an auto paint store that sells SEM colorcoat flexible coating (13023) Low luster clear coating. I paid about 7.49 wholesale for a 13 oz. spray can. It is for flat flexible auto bumpers. :Rich:

Xtremefowler
02-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Flipper, is that what you apply to all of your foots after you have gave them there custom paint job. Going to try and airbrush some foots like the ones you did, but want them to still be fairly durable does this clear coat help. Later and thanks

Flipper
02-09-2003, 03:15 PM
The tan does not really add any gloss but the chocolat brown could get a little shine if you go a bit heavy. This stuff will work fine and is a lot cheaper than Testors Dull Coat. If you add some of the Hydromist flattener to the paint you don't need any clear coat at all because it will kill any gloss in the paint to begin with. It doesn't take very much. You are shading the base that is already on the decoy so you are not putting a lot of paint on. Yell if you need more help when you get ready to get started. :Rich: