PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Dog is chewing everything.

WOLF
02-07-2003, 04:00 PM
I got a problem , and I hope someone can help me out . I have a black female lab, ten months old today. I 've had her since she was 7 weeks old, and I've been home with her up until 3 weeks ago. I was out of work because of knee surgery. Now she's into
everything, she tore up the front of our sofa, chews on the kids shoes and toys. Outside she's chewing our wooden fence, pulling covered plants out of the ground. When I was home she learned to fetch, heal, etc. . My wife says she's on last leg. I told her she's probably depressed that I'm not around anymore . And she'll get over it. Does anyone have any suggestions on this ?
I would appreciate any help.......
WOLF

greyghost16
02-08-2003, 05:39 AM
Keep her in her own crate when nobody is there to watch. Apply bitter apple or some other bad tasting stuff to the things you know she is apt to chew.Don't let her be alone with stuff that she could ruin. Put a bunch of coins in a soft drink can and tape the hole shut. Shake the can of coins at her when she misbehaves(it make a startling noise.)Make sure she has a lot of chew toys of her own. That's all I can think of. Good luck, its an annoying problem.

yallerlab
02-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Crate her until she matures which may be 2 years. My
blockhead learned to love the bitter apple stuff
from petsmart.