PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible

Love to hunt
02-08-2003, 11:33 AM
I have read many of your posts about having problems with remotes on spinner decoys.

Would it be possible to transfer and use the remote off of a remote control car etc. Now I'm not an electrical engineer by no means so I don't know whether this would be possible or not.

Or would it be possible to take the motors and transmitters out of a remote control car and make your own spinner. I think the remotes on those would be more reliable than the remotes on the spinners that you can buy now.

By the way Radio Shack has all of their remcote toys on sale. I bought a Suff Monster (real heavy on the bottom just like a weighted keel) that will have a Goose decoy monunted on it this coming season.

ZIG
02-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Yea, you can do that I have tried but ended up working like the devil to get in going by the next day. Just couldn't find everything I needed around here. If I had been in the area of a electronic center or a hobby shop I could have done better. But I know alot of people that have done this and they seem to work fairly well. GOOD LUCK

kygoose
02-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Done it for years, works well & cheaper. Sent em all to the junk yard, wore out.

Hroonk
02-12-2003, 09:28 AM
Works good, but I'd buy a cheaper RC car next time. My cousin and I tore apart a 9.6V turbo Bandit of mine and used a mallard shell as the base for our spinning wing. The problem with it is the darn things spins WAY too fast! We've only used it on occasion do to space limitations and weight restrictions on my duck boat.

We also made a twin paddle ferry boat looking thing out of a old SUPER mag mallard using coffee cans for the paddles with plastic fenders to keep the splashing reasonable. The RC car was a twin trac tank thing so we can control each wheel independently = a steerable decoys.. We used it to retrieve ducks off a manure pond we didn't want our dog in for obvious reasons...It worked good and the farmer got a kick out of it. The only problem is it has a tendency to get tangled in it's own line, so we really only use it on ponds. Good Luck.