PDA

View Full Version : Snow hunt

cself02
02-10-2003, 06:01 AM
This is my Little brother on the Left (13 years old) and oldest bro on the right, they did some sneeking on some snows on saturday, there are 9 in the picture, This was in IL, I am thinking of planning a trip in a couple weeks or so if they are still around to decoy some, is anyone interested. My home town is about 4 1/2 hours from KC but the place is Snow Goose heaven there usually is around 300,000 and I have heard of more, there is about 110,000 right now on one of the lakes, but there should be more coming?

cself02
02-10-2003, 06:01 AM
Oh the bassit hound (rosco) did all the retrieving (he he)

cself02
02-10-2003, 06:02 AM
one more

Illinois Ducker
02-10-2003, 06:30 AM
Looks like he and cookedgoose shop at the same place for their hunting hats. :cool:

WildGooseChase
02-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Haha....I think they claim the hat is some kind of a luck thing. Who needs luck when you've got skill........by the way where can I get a hat like that? Good deal with the snows. They were smacking them on several shows on OLN this weekend.

Illinois Ducker
02-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Hey Casey from the reports I'm getting it sounds like more have migrated north. Nearly 200,000 around the lake. Get in touch if you come out this way before the 24th.

Jossie
02-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Great pic's!

Love the basset also....grew up with those stupid dogs....kind of miss them. You gotta to love anything that looks as pathetic as they do.:Art:

CookedGoose
02-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Hey Casey, as always I'm game for a snow hunt. We will have to give my buddy Matt a call who lives outside St. L on the IL side. He would love to come down and hunt. Gimme a call sometime this week, I imagine WGChase would be interested in it as well. Let me know what ya think.

Illinois Ducker
02-13-2003, 07:50 AM
Hearing there are lot's of snows around. I'm going to buy an e-caller this weekend. Only thing I don't have is snow decoys. I'm going to Jamacia on the 24th and won't be back until March 3rd. I'm back until March 16 then I'm headed to Mississippi to do a little crappie fishing. Let me know.

CookedGoose
02-13-2003, 12:32 PM
Man I wish I was going to Miss to catch some crappies.. Oh well gotta striper trip planned for march 6 I believe but my dad might have moved it to during my spring break.. Anyways have fun in the tropics..

WildGooseChase
02-13-2003, 12:35 PM
Thats sweet! Where are you going. Glen and I are going down to Norfork over spring break for stripers.

CookedGoose
02-13-2003, 12:39 PM
Well dont get too friendly in your lodge.. Being from JO you never know what you guys are really into. Glad to see you and Glen are so buddy buddy now.. Looks like I'm the odd man out. oh wait, didnt see that one coming..

I enjoy hanging with the guys off this website much better... Adam going too?

WildGooseChase
02-13-2003, 12:47 PM
Jeezus......some more bitching please! I was going to ask you if you wanted to go but for all my efforts I could never get a hold of you. You were in Ketucky do something you won't tell me about with someone you won't tell me who they are...hmmm! Sounds kind of "Johnson County" to me. Anyway, I had to get the trip booked and Glen wanted to go.

CookedGoose
02-13-2003, 12:51 PM
I was under the impression that Glen set this up. Im just kinda ticked that he never returns my calls and I havent heard from him since that jason or john or whoever the hell it was kid came into the picture.. You know, all the people I met off of waterfowler except for you, Pill, and Aaron have really turned out to be not very good people. I dont know whats going on over spring break but if I'm not in Texas fishing I'll be at TableRock lake catching crappie. My dad wants to spend some father son outdoors time so I will most likely be doing somehting with him anyways. I'm just sick of all that Glen/Adam business and I'm ready to move on. Got plenty of cool guys on this website anyways.

WildGooseChase
02-13-2003, 12:56 PM
We're going with a guy I've fished with several times down there. He was going to some big sports show in St. Louis and I had to get booked with him before he left. Don't even get me started on Adam right now.

CookedGoose
02-13-2003, 01:06 PM
LOL.. im telling you our old hunting group is one big soap opera. They should make a soap called Outdoor Days of Our Lives and put it on OLN.

de-bander
02-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Cool pics! I wish we had blues in the pacific flyway.