PDA

View Full Version : Browning Gold

AllAboutH20FowL
02-10-2003, 11:21 AM
Hey guys I have a question for any of you that shoot the Browning Gold. I have herd that the Sure Cycle will help with the cycling problems that they have. I am looking at getting one and just want to hear that it really does help before I buy it and get :OUCH: and find out that it does not help. Anu info would help thanks.
Later

Jossie
02-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Well you can talk to VChunter about my 1 shot BGH. It was a jamming piece of @#$%. I bought my sure cycle a year and a half ago and have had no problems whats so ever shooting "3" and "3.5". It will not shot the 2 3/4 inch now, but I really don't care about that. I just wanted something for waterfowl and turkey. One of the guys on the main forum said you can shoot the 2 3/4 as long as it was a pretty hot load. Have'nt tried that yet but plan to this summer.

AllAboutH20FowL
02-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Thanks for putting me at ease. I just can't pass this gun up for the price and it has had less than a box of shells through it. Again thanks for the info just wanted to hear it before I bought it.
Later

head shot
02-10-2003, 09:12 PM
I bought one in Sept. and by first of Dec. I was sending it back because it was not cycling 3.5 which is what I bought it for. It jammed right out of the box shooting 3in and 3.5. It kept happening and I thought that maybe you had to break it in. I shot countless boxes of shells through it and it kept happening with several different brands and after several cleanings. At the end of November I stalked within 10 feet of about 900 snows on a pond and sod field, jumped up and after the first shot it jammed and it was just a 3in. I said more bad words that day than ozzy and was a little mad. The next day I boxed it up and sent it back. Just my .02.