PDA

View Full Version : ? about HC Decoys

AllAboutH20FowL
02-10-2003, 09:58 PM
I have a question about the Hard Core decoys. I have noticed that they are pretty brown in color. I guess that I notice that geese in the early season are more brown in color but in the later in the year I think that they are more gray and black in color. I am not sure if they actually change in color because even after they molt they are still that brown phase. I have noticed that Dave Smiths decoys are are the more gray and black colors. Moste geese that we kill will have the dark brown backs but thier breast is gray in color. I am not sure if the decoys are painted this way to show more feather detail or what but I was just wondering.

I am not slamming anyones decoys at all I will probably invest in a couple doz. HC this summer but I was just wondering. Any info or anyone else notice this and have any info I would appriciate it thanks.

Later

MARIO
02-11-2003, 04:58 PM
If you have mostly honkers where you hunt the hardcores are the ticket.....they are molded and painted to imitate a honker . Dave's decoys are molded and painted to imitate lessers or cacklers and tav's.....the smaller birds which are smaller and darker. Both are extremely deadly in this area cuz we have big and small birds.