PDA

View Full Version : All Right you Flockers, What are your plans?

Eric
02-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Just about went crazy last weekend. Season for Canada's was closed and I had "honey do's". Since I couldn't hunt, I had to occupy my time taking stock of my equipment and strategizing for next year. I know some of you Flockers were also in a state of withdrawal, so lets get it going on what great things you're going to add to your arsenal for next year. What, you say, you want me to start! Aw shucks! (See, I told you I was starting to loose it)

I'm thinking real hard about getting some Hardcore Decoys. Between my brother - 10's Only and me, we are trying to figure out how many we can get, store and haul in our trailers/shed before our families have us committed. May add some more silo's to the spread.

Got enough calls on my lanyard that I sound barely average on. Made a promise to myself to get better on my SMH - Bart, if you're out there, I've got your number on speed dial and I have some questions on double clucks!

Also, planning on heading up north to hunt in Canada in October with some of our central flyway Flockers. Had a great time last year and I didn't have to see Duck Boat naked! I'd like to keep that streak going!

Finally, I'm hoping to meet more of you Flockers. Hopefully at the contest in Great Bend this summer, maybe at Duck Boat's Turkey (Rain-Out) Hunt and in KC at Galyan's Waterfowl weekend!

Other than that, just sitting around counting the days down until November!

YellowLab
02-11-2003, 09:34 AM
Well, let's see:

I've already added a couple of calls to the arsenal. I'll probably add a few more Bigfoots to my spread. New pup comes home the 1st of March, between training the pup and the twins coming in June, I would say my off season will go by pretty fast.

I'm ready to start fishing and I can't wait for turkey season to get here.

Ryhlee
02-11-2003, 09:41 AM
I'ld settle for a truck!!:Art: :ST:

goosegetter
02-11-2003, 09:47 AM
Lets see I would like to have an additional five dozen foots and six dozen silos and a new trailer. I guess you can just say that is my wish list and with my wedding in June I will be lucky to get 2 dozen feet and two dozen silos. Damn honeymoons are expensive :CL: :CL: :CL: :CL: :CL: :CL:

YellowLab
02-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Jim-

You need to register for wedding gifts at Cabela's.

Jason in KC
02-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Sell a couple of layouts. Built a couple more. Maybe buy a 2.5 hp mud motor. Bass fish(Maybe the Ozark BFL circuit), turkey hunt, and practice on my calls. Maybe get a dozen hardcores or for sure more foots.

Get ready to head to Canada the first week in October.

Jason in KC
02-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Chad you need to get prepared to NOT go hunting this fall!

:Rich: :Art: :CL: :uh:

YellowLab
02-11-2003, 09:55 AM
You better NOT mention that again.BS: :CY: :NW: :NW: :BRG:

goosegetter
02-11-2003, 10:01 AM
Damn I didn't even think about Cabela's:ST:

Damn Chad is that were you guys are registering for the baby shower:Art:

Jason in KC
02-11-2003, 10:01 AM
Sorry Chad didn't mean to hit a nerve.

:JW: :OUCH: :GC:

Jason in KC
02-11-2003, 10:04 AM
I forgot it was your Birthday!!! I'll retract my earlier comment until later next week.

1 1/2 days left of work this week! Breckenridge here I come.

:sn: :VC: :hit:

cself02
02-11-2003, 10:09 AM
2-3 doz hidgon stackables, Layout boat, Finisher blind, new short reed goose call, If I make it through those and don't lose my house, truck, and dog then I should be ready.

rockandroll_kid
02-11-2003, 10:25 AM
I hope to have about 30 canada stuffers

rockandroll_kid
02-11-2003, 10:31 AM
Hey Goosegetter,
I know your on a budget and everything with the honeymoon, but I saw this ad for a trailer and thought it might work good for you.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2402529008&category=10368

:tn: :tn: :tn: :GM: :OUCH:

kugohuntn
02-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Ok Offseason, O shit, the possiblilitys,

My dad has already purchased 15 Doz Duck decoys. Hell of at walmart. got them for a really good deal..

I would like to add maybe some silo's, Bigfoots, higdon stackables, possibly a layout boat, but i want to make it if i get one.

I am almost dead set on getting a Lab when i get back from Vegas for spring break. I hope it dosnt hurt me too bad.

Definatly going to practice/learn to call..

Practice on giving Center12 shit.... becase lord knows he needs it.

Shooting a frickin turkey. I let 4 jakes walk last year and then didnt shoot a bird..

Shoot some Snows hopefully.

O and most of all break in the new Girlfriend....:uh: :uh: :uh: :uh:

well thats the just of it.

Gohuntn

Jossie
02-11-2003, 11:34 AM
Wish list:

More bigfoots

Bigfoot floaters

Try and get my son a blind

One of those "SWIRLING DEATH KITES".........Happy birthday Chad!!:Art: :Art:

cself02
02-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Those Jack kites are the sh@! I use to have one and they worked wanders, do they still make them?

Jason in KC
02-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Bwahahahaha!

Jack kite!!!!!!!!!

Bwahahahaha!

YellowLab
02-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Beell-

You should also try to get a label maker before next season.

"12 gauge Shotgun"

"20 gauge Shotgun"

:OUCH: :uh: :rf: :pl: :MS:

Jossie
02-11-2003, 12:17 PM
Chad has one he will sell ya. But his has ALOT more motion then just any ole Jack Kite. Might cost you a little more to get it from him because he has totally modified his. But I'm sure if the price is right he would sell it.:uh: :uh: :rf: :rof: :cool:

cself02
02-11-2003, 12:21 PM
ha ha, the one I had use to do some moves I havn't seen most fighter pilot's use, but it always worked pretty good if the wind was right but those things don't last much longer then a couple seasons if your lucky.

Oh I have a lable maker at work i can print ya off some labels. :Rich:

Jossie
02-11-2003, 12:31 PM
Sure Casey, that would be great. I only need 2 labels, 1 that says 20ga........and 1 that says 12ga. HAAA......Chad, my problems are all solved for next year.:BM: :BM: :cool: :CL: :CL:

VCHunter
02-11-2003, 03:06 PM
I would settle for Michael getting a truck...:NW:

But since that ain't gonna happen here are a few other possibilities:

More Bigfoots and custom painted windsocks.

Got a new lab pup coming in early summer.

Don't need any more calls, but will probably end up with one or two more.

Will probably buy a new shotgun (thank you Student Financal Aid).

Any other junk I decide I need.

Also plan on doing a lot of fishing and turkey hunting.

Jubilee
02-11-2003, 03:18 PM
I have tons of projects in the making, it is just a questions as to which ones will actually get past the developmental stages.

First off, I am creating my own duck decoy for senior project, that is something that has to be done. I hope that things work out well, and I can start mass producing them, possible start my own business. We shall see on that. I have purchased a goose floater mold, and plan to really increase my floating spread, up to 10 or 12 dozen Canadas and who knows how many Snows may be created, don't hear of many people around here really giving the snows or Canadas much hell on the water, so that is something to ponder on my part.

Get Jubilee bred, she should be coming in shortly, I think I have pretty well decided on who her first timer will be.

Pound the Snows and hopefully pick up that elusive second band. Then raise hell on some turkey's. I am going to try and best my self this year and reach the magic number 15

Got to graduate in May, and then start working. Got a pretty good job offer, probably going to take it, starting at $12/hr. working 3 days a week for 12 hrs, so I would be off 4. :Rich: :cool: :bh:

Planning on a lot of fishing, Going to hit the river hard when and if it gets up and roaring, fish for the big FLATS. Hopefully break the 50lb mark a couple times. Then do a tremendous amount of bass and crappie fishing.

On my free days, and hopefully with some extra cash from the new job, increase my honker spread as well as add some rags to my snow spread. I plan to step up to a 10 gauge this year, so there is some more expense.

All in all I am pretty well going to be busy between now and then

Xtremefowler
02-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Going to try and get a bigger trailer. Maybe a few more foots. Couple dozen of real-geese pro silo's. Keep working on my snow spread. And the first thing is to get a good yellow lab pup. My lab I have know is officially retired. Chad where did you get your new pup from. If any one has any info on where I can find a good yellow lab let me know I am interested and would like to find one in the next couple months.

AllAboutH20FowL
02-11-2003, 06:13 PM
Ahhhh..... the off season. Lets see
1. Make a ton of fullbodies and custom paint.
2. A new gun or two.
3. A new pup... BLM . I might have to retire my YLM in a cople of years and want a backup for when the day comes
4. Another groundblind.... Check out the FA Top Guns when they come out.
5. A few new calls... Hopefully a Saunders GP
6. A 16' enclosed
7. Get ready for Canada

Leaving for Sas. in Oct. and hopefully be up there for 16 days and am already marking the days off the calendar. That's about all that I can think of right at the moment. Hope that everyones wish list comes through for them

Later

Tim Williams
02-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Bout the only thing we need are a couple dozen more 'foots & silos. I got everything else. I also treated myself to a new Beretta O/U 3-1/2". Pretty sweet.

Bill, I have a kite if you need it. Used once.

KSgoose
02-12-2003, 05:56 PM
Life after goose season, let me see!

5. Hopefully shoot a turkey.
4. Catch some spring crappie.
3. Add some decoys probably a dozen or two bigfoots.
2. Try out one of Bill Saunder's new Reload calls.

And my number one goal for the off-season is to secure a lease next to Eric's so I can arrive late and set up when the geese are flying and then string my decoys onto his hot spot!

:uh: :uh: :JW: :Rich: :rf: :rf: