PDA

View Full Version : Dave Smith' Decoys

DUKGOOSHUNT247
02-15-2003, 06:09 AM
Good morning Dave,

I just started using this site on a regular basis and have come across alot of pictures with your decoys in them.

I know its probably classified info but do you think it's possible for you to post some pictures of yur airbrusshed bigfoots on this post.

I would like to try my hand at it and would like to know what your color scheme is and any tips you could offer.

If they are not your decoys that are repainted please help me out with who to contact.

Our season is just about over and there ise no time like the present to prepare for next season.

Thank you,

Auggie

"put the fingers to the triggers boys!"

Flipper
02-15-2003, 07:13 AM
DUKGOOSHUNT247, Daves decoys are not Bigfoots, they are his own design and he is in business to sell them and has not given out his production methods to my knowledge.:Rich: We have talked about this a lot on other posts and I posted a how to post on this subject. It should give you the info to get you started. The heads are not flocked in these picks and that will add to the realism. Just click on the link and it will take you to the post. If you set your browser at the bottom of the page to go back to the beginning instead of only 30 days you might find some more info on painting decoys. If you need any more help let us know, we have a great group of guys that always have some good ideas. Jeff
http://www.Flocknockers.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17164

DUKGOOSHUNT247
02-15-2003, 10:34 AM
Thanks Jeff,

For the info. I hope I didn't offend anyone by asking. Maybe you could let me know how I could then buy some of Dave's decoys, a website or phone or something.

They look real good. As a fellow hunter It's always good to help other fellow hunters.

Thank you,

Auggie

"Put the fingers to the triggers boys!"

Flipper
02-15-2003, 02:59 PM
I am sure you didn't offend anyone by asking a question about decoys. Here is the link to Daves website, I heard he is so far behind he is not taking any more orders but I am not sure.
http://www.cochranandsmith.com/dsds.htm

Dave Smith
02-15-2003, 07:09 PM
sorry- I'm a little behind on this one- my excuse is that our season is still on!! hehe. Yes, Auggie, I am no expert at painting Bigfoots and if I was going to attempt it, I would just make Jeff tell me how to do it :Rich:

DUKGOOSHUNT247
02-16-2003, 08:30 AM
Thanks Guys,

Those are the best looking decoy in the WORLD!

AWESOME!

Keep up the great work nd let me know when the waiting list opens again. What's another $5000.00 worth of decoys anyway.

"Put the fingers to the triggers boys!"