PDA

View Full Version : HS Slammer Series

cself02
02-15-2003, 03:58 PM
Hey all, My girlfriend thought she would be nice and she bought me this call today HS Slammer Series short reed?, it was on sale for like 15 dollars, any body else blow'em if so how do you like them, Looks like I will have to do a little modification to fit my neads but sounds pretty crisp.

Later,

WildGooseChase
02-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Shoot, she's buying you a goose call the day after Valentines? Sounds like you did what it took to keep her happy another year :CU: .........hehe! Good deal Casey!

cself02
02-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Hey I must of worked something right she bought me the call, she made me lunch today and she is making me dinner as I speak, and she is washing the mud off of my hunting clothes,:Art: :BM:

WildGooseChase
02-15-2003, 05:05 PM
I think you should patent and produce an instructional video.

speck
02-15-2003, 06:26 PM
I have a slammer, and i like it. But i tuned it a little diffrent so that it would sound alot better and make my needs. O ther wise i think it is a pretty good calls.

ZIG
02-15-2003, 08:14 PM
YOU'RE THE MAN CASEY. I DATED ONE FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS AND THE BEST I GOT WAS A SET OF BOOT DRYERS. SHE SOUND'S GOOD TO ME. YOUR GIRLFREIND I MEAN :uh:

cself02
02-15-2003, 08:19 PM
This is our first year, been dating about 10 months it think or 11??? j/k

Speck- I was trying to mess with the reed but the old lady was getting a little agravated at me, got it sound decent.. where did you set the reed it has the notches and I am about to cut'm off so I can do my own, do you have the two peices flush at the bottom?

Thanks,

See ya,

speck
02-15-2003, 08:37 PM
Well i have always been going to try to cut then notches off. Because i think it might sound better maybe moved it back. Just my.02. But there are the lines on the guts that are supposta line up and then the reed to but i have it moved back and it sounds sweet. Thanks Kalend:BM:

NE Hunter
02-16-2003, 08:42 AM
I am a rookie goose caller and I own a Slammer. I just traded some decoys for a Lil' Lake acrylic and am going to retire my Slammer. I think they have good tone, like I said I am a rookie but have found that they require alot of air to blow compared to other upper end calls that I have blown and esp. compared to my new Lil' Lake short reed. Just my 2 cents. But then again it was a gift, my wife bought me mine for Christmas, maybe we need to teach them to have richer taste (Foiles, Zink,RNT, ect).

cself02
02-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Well I havn't got the chance to blow it much yet since the girlfriend has been here but once she leaves I will have it modified to the T hopefully I just got done shaveing off the little nipples that hold the reed were the maker wants it so I it chizzle time this afternoon. It looks like so far the way they have it tooned you have to be really agressive and have your hands positioned correctly or the call slips, but that isn't anything a knife can't fix.

VCHunter
02-16-2003, 04:37 PM
My roommate bought one at Wal Mart a couple weeks ago for about $9, I was pretty impressed with it for that price.

cself02
02-17-2003, 07:00 AM
Alright I shaved back the reed nipples and messed with the reed and the thing sound awesome now, it is no folies but it will do the trick, at least a different sound to throw in. Still havn't talked her into the more expensive one yet.