PDA

View Full Version : Wyatt and WW get 3rd AKC Jr. Hunt Test Pass !!

widgnwhacker
02-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Wyatt and Ol' WW went to Arlington , Az. this weekend and ran back to back Jrs. We passed on Saturday , but didn't do so well on Sunday. It was a tough test on Sunday and didn't even make the first mark. I could go on about the test but I wasn't very happy with how it was setup and how the judges made exceptions for some dogs and not others I though that it was suppose to be the same test for all dogs and handlers I learned a valuable lesson though. I will stay away from any future tests that this judge will be at Overall my family and I and Wyatt had a great time. My 10 year old daughter got to run 2 dogs in the Jr. Series. It was her first time handling a dog and she did very well. She made it farther than her old man did , she also made some new friends. And she will be getting her own pup as a gift from the lady that let her run the dogs!! She also learned that she can recieve points towards a scholarship for running at these tests. We just might have a future champion handler in the making!! I will post up some pics from the tests when we get the film back.

WW

Sandy
02-20-2003, 01:46 PM
Sounds like the whole family had a blast! I love running the hunt tests and training for them. Some of those judge's have something to prove to themselves huh???? Have fun this spring and keep training!

Sandy
Greenwood Retrievers
Farmville, VA