PDA

View Full Version : Rochester Sportsman Show?

DUCKSBANE
02-22-2003, 04:57 AM
Does anyone know anything about this show? I am wondering if it is waterfowl show.
Thanks
Dave

gandergrinder
02-22-2003, 09:33 AM
Dave, it's just a hunting/fishing show. Not huge like Harrisburg, Pa..........But bigger than a lot of other shows I've been to. Not a lot of waterfowl stuff to look at either. It's geared more toward the big game hunters. Last year there were a couple of TDB boats there and only one waterfowl supply vendor. BUT! The calling contest alone will make the trip worth it.!

DUCKSBANE
02-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up Josh. I assume you will be there. Any idea on what to do for a one man meat contest. We had a CT meat contest one time that me and my partner won but that was 2 man. I assume its a regular routine that is scaled down in volume. What will ya blow in it? Im thinking my Daisy cutter. Kinda torn between that and my pure duck.

Thanks,
Dave

gandergrinder
02-22-2003, 09:50 AM
Well, the turn-out should be HUGE! Because of the $1000 prize for the goose calling contest, there will be a lot of callers attending. The duck prizes are awesome as well. As far as a routine............I'm not sure if I should lend any help to my potential competition!!:OUCH: HEHEHEHE!!! Actually, I talked to the guy running it, and he said basically there aren't any set rules (other than a few required hen mallard sounds) and that you can call just like you would in your blind. I asked about ringing hails, and he said again "use what you would in your own blind". I doubt highly that you will hear anyone doing that though!! I haven't decided on what call to use, but it will be a BGB, seeing how that's all I own! If you need directions or anything else about the show, just let me know. Josh.

DUCKSBANE
02-22-2003, 09:56 AM
Thanks Josh,
I will see you at the contest, we will have to grab a beer. If I can get ya blind stinken drunk the night before or even the morning of I will better my odds.:TT:

gandergrinder
02-22-2003, 09:58 AM
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!:VC:

There will be several other Flocknockers attending as well, we will have to get together for a photo. See you later.

jeff kreit
03-09-2003, 06:01 PM
me and jason will be at the show and calling you guys will have to meet up with us let me know how to get ahold of you thanks

DrBob
03-09-2003, 09:07 PM
jeff,

you mean jason connollee? i know who he is from harrisburg so i should be able to locate him.

Littman
03-10-2003, 05:09 AM
You can find a COUPON (http://www.osegsportsmens.com/PageServer.asp?iMenuID=103) for a dollar off the entrance price at this web site.....PC

jeff kreit
03-13-2003, 06:06 PM
dr bob look for jason and me we will both be in the calling see you all at the show jeff