View Full Version : Rochester Sportsman Show?

02-22-2003, 04:57 AM
Does anyone know anything about this show? I am wondering if it is waterfowl show.

02-22-2003, 09:33 AM
Dave, it's just a hunting/fishing show. Not huge like Harrisburg, Pa..........But bigger than a lot of other shows I've been to. Not a lot of waterfowl stuff to look at either. It's geared more toward the big game hunters. Last year there were a couple of TDB boats there and only one waterfowl supply vendor. BUT! The calling contest alone will make the trip worth it.!

02-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up Josh. I assume you will be there. Any idea on what to do for a one man meat contest. We had a CT meat contest one time that me and my partner won but that was 2 man. I assume its a regular routine that is scaled down in volume. What will ya blow in it? Im thinking my Daisy cutter. Kinda torn between that and my pure duck.

02-22-2003, 09:50 AM
Well, the turn-out should be HUGE! Because of the $1000 prize for the goose calling contest, there will be a lot of callers attending. The duck prizes are awesome as well. As far as a routine............I'm not sure if I should lend any help to my potential competition!!:OUCH: HEHEHEHE!!! Actually, I talked to the guy running it, and he said basically there aren't any set rules (other than a few required hen mallard sounds) and that you can call just like you would in your blind. I asked about ringing hails, and he said again "use what you would in your own blind". I doubt highly that you will hear anyone doing that though!! I haven't decided on what call to use, but it will be a BGB, seeing how that's all I own! If you need directions or anything else about the show, just let me know. Josh.

02-22-2003, 09:56 AM
Thanks Josh,
I will see you at the contest, we will have to grab a beer. If I can get ya blind stinken drunk the night before or even the morning of I will better my odds.:TT:

02-22-2003, 09:58 AM

There will be several other Flocknockers attending as well, we will have to get together for a photo. See you later.

jeff kreit
03-09-2003, 06:01 PM
me and jason will be at the show and calling you guys will have to meet up with us let me know how to get ahold of you thanks

03-09-2003, 09:07 PM

you mean jason connollee? i know who he is from harrisburg so i should be able to locate him.

03-10-2003, 05:09 AM
You can find a COUPON (http://www.osegsportsmens.com/PageServer.asp?iMenuID=103) for a dollar off the entrance price at this web site.....PC

jeff kreit
03-13-2003, 06:06 PM
dr bob look for jason and me we will both be in the calling see you all at the show jeff