PDA

View Full Version : Decoy Trailer....How many BF's????

DUCKDIGGLER
02-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Been tossin the idea of gettin a decoy trailer. My question to those of you who have used them is ....How many BigFoots (feet on) can I expect to fit into a 12x6x6 enclosed trailer. I think I want a single axle (lighter) and barn doors. I also plan to carry 7 Eliminator blinds in it. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

BEAR CALLER
02-23-2003, 09:20 PM
DD, If you go to the Main Goose Hunting Forum and go back to the 24 of January there was a thread on decoy trailers. It was started by Callngeese and there was alot of talk on different sizes of trailers guys use and what they can pack into them. Guys were talking about how many foots they could get into them. (check out Stubble Bums trailer....he packs em in.) :TT:

DUCKDIGGLER
02-24-2003, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bear Caller!

Goosedwnr
03-06-2003, 06:37 AM
I have a 12x6x6 trailer and I carry over 80 bigfoots with heads and feet on, with 6 eliminator blinds, a hide-a-pooch, silo's, and most of my gear. We just picked up 3 more dozen foots and I see no problem with fitting them all in the trailer. I am not easy on my foots either, we put the blinds in first and then start tossing the decoys in. If you wanted to lay them all down on the floor flat and take your time stacking them, you might get more in. I have a single axle trailer with a torsion axle. It rides nice down the highway, but gets a little rough through plowed fields and ditches. My biggest lesson I learned was to go down the ditches at an 45 degree angle so the back doesn't drag and rip the trim off! I guess I just wasn't thinking! I hope this helps!

-Cory

DUCKDIGGLER
03-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Thank you Goosedwnr! I was wondering what did you pay for your trailer? What brand is it?

Flocknocker
03-07-2003, 12:18 AM
I will have to make a list sometime and see.

Cliff

Goosedwnr
03-19-2003, 10:00 AM
I have a Haulmark Trailer, and paid $2850 plus tax and some extra stuff. The end total was like $3100. It went through it's first season with no real problems, although once family and friends see you have it, it might disappear for a few months.

-Cory