PDA

View Full Version : New England area calling contest

Pete S
03-05-2003, 07:43 PM
A good friend of mine and I trying to put together a calling contest for the New England area.It will tenitivly(sp) be held on Sep 21 in conjuction whith the Massachusets Outdoor Expo in Sturbridge MA..We were wondering how many people would be interested in entering?The event is put on by the Mass division of fish and game. We want to get a fairly good idea of the number of people that would like to attend to see if it is worth going ahead whith the planning and such.
You can e-mail me at wjepes@cs.com or call me at 413-737-2899..I have a feeling there are a number of lurkers from the New England are.So post up or conact me if your interested.Thanks.
Pete Squires

DrBob
03-06-2003, 03:59 AM
count on at least one from CT:Bn:

DUCKSBANE
03-06-2003, 04:02 AM
COUNT ME IN.

tdulkie2
03-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Count me in !!!!!!!!

OOOOOHHHHH HHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Tim

Gundog
03-06-2003, 07:51 PM
OK Tim here's your big chance to show them boys how we call up here in MA. Guess I might have to throw my hat in the ring just to keep you honest. Seriously, I put away the Long Honker and started blowing a short reed because we were getting blown out of the fields by Tim and his crew. The boy can call! Spent enough time bustin his balls before the late season that he finally invited me out with them!! All that being said; Tim you better keep practicing because YOU ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!

Pete S
03-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Come on guys there has to be more than four people wanting to enter. I know there are alot of lerkers from the New England area.Don't be a chicken shit.The winner will be the Mass state champ.
If this thing gets going.I'm going to try and get some decent prizes i.e calls and other gear.So come on and post up.
Pete S

Sinkbox
03-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Pete

Wish I could be there....I love to see things like that here on the East Coast. FWIW.....That's the week of the big DU show here in VA and the last week of Sept resident season in VA, NC, DE, & MD....I have talked to two of the call makers and they will be in O'Canada that weekend making videos.

Sinkbox <><

gandergrinder
03-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Pete...................Duck or goose?

Pete S
03-11-2003, 03:21 PM
gander grinder it will be only goose so far.If there is a duck contest it more than likly will not be sanctioned.But you never know.I have talked to a number of people invoved whith contests.And no one has ever heard of any sanctione duck calling or any kind of goose calling contest in New England.I will keep everyone posted about any developments in the contest.
Pete S

DrBob
03-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Pete,

Ya gotta rope the boys from VT into committing - they're good callers {serious}. (this notice is a form of internet peer pressure to encourage participation) :LOL:

gandergrinder
03-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Pete, if there is a duck contest (sanctioned or not, meat or Main Street) you can count me in.:BZ:

DrBob
03-11-2003, 05:48 PM
gandergrinder, i take it your going this weekend? i hear ya blow a mean pipe (duck call that is - no misinterpretations). i'm goin' with DB and littman....

Pete S
03-11-2003, 06:17 PM
Bob are you boys going up on Friday or early saterday?I'm still planning on going.
Pete S

gandergrinder
03-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Bob, yup............I'll be there. Make sure you introduce yourself. I'll be wearing a BGB shirt and hat. Is Diggler going to make it as well?:LAF:

DUCKDIGGLER
03-11-2003, 07:10 PM
I don't think so GG. But it still a couple of days away! Hey if I don't talk to you good luck, make us proud dude! Is that a sanctioned duck contest? If not when and where is that held?

timf
03-12-2003, 01:53 PM
Pete,

I would be glad to donate or sponsor the event from Marty's!

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Look forward to seeing and meeting a few of you guys this weekend. Make sure that you visit us before the contest and introduce yourself.

Tim

Pete S
03-12-2003, 05:37 PM
timf I'll talk to you at the Rochester show.Thanks for the offer:cool:
Pete S

DUCKSBANE
04-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Pete,
How is the comp looking?

Pete S
04-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Dave I will be posting up shortly on the contest.It is still a go.
Pete S

DUCKSBANE
04-18-2003, 04:17 AM
Thanks Pete.
DD- will you be there?....HMMMMM!!!! tdulkie2- will we actually witness your calling?
Dr.Bob- I know you will be there as you are sickend with this calling chit.:HUH: :HUH: :OUCH: :JW: :CU:

DrBob
04-18-2003, 05:00 AM
I'll be content when I can fart and a cluck comes out.....:GM: :rof:

tdulkie2
04-18-2003, 01:25 PM
I don't care who it is i just want to hear some calling or something that sounds like waterfowl!! HHHAAAHHHE:JW: :JW:

Tim

DUCKSBANE
04-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Tim- I take it that is a yes.

DD....HMMMM:HUH:

Bob-stick that call deep enough in your arsk and youll get it....practice.. practice... practice:Wt

tdulkie2
04-18-2003, 06:11 PM
I always like to see and hear other peoples calling technic in calling, might work well in the blind or on stage !!! Would you agree !!???
I personally practice 2 hrs every day different sounds,tone, notes etc, what can i say (I HAVE A PROBLEM)

Tim

DUCKDIGGLER
04-18-2003, 06:15 PM
All the pressure..............I can't take it!!

I don't even sound like a goose on one of them there call thingies!

And I'm even worse on those there quacker calls!

Someday maybe I actually sound like wildfowl. Got to keep practicin for now.:CY:

DUCKSBANE
04-18-2003, 06:16 PM
If Bob puts in 2 hours aday with the technique hes looking for he is gonna be sore as hell:rf: :JW: :rf:

tdulkie2
04-18-2003, 06:52 PM
I know one thing if your a HARDCORE WATERFOWLER your duck-goose calls are like your credit card never leave Home without IT , and you cant tell that you dont blow the call aleast once during the period of the day???

I always have them with me !!:rof: :rof: :hest:

Tim

DrBob
04-19-2003, 06:31 PM
OooooohhhhHHHHH Boy Ducksbane!

I tried that new technique and can't sit down.....:rof: :LOL:

DUCKSBANE
04-19-2003, 06:49 PM
Bob-I was wondering when you would respond to that technique. Sorry man...I should have caught ya before you tried it:Rich:

Gundog
04-20-2003, 01:39 PM
DD - Just saw a goose hunting program on S.Carolina Outdoors on the Outdoor Network. These guys were blowing what I think were Mag Cluckers. Talk about a confidence builder for those of us who are "call challenged"! They made Billy from Billy and Buck sound like Tim Grounds! They may have been using Dr. Bobs techniques; at least it sounded that way when they were moaning!! Just listening to these guys would make you feel good enough to go "head to head" in a calling duel with Tim D.!!! ... Tim sounds like these Conn. boys have you "in their sights". You better start uping the practice time a little. P. S If you still want to enter the two man contest with me you better start working on your quad clucking cause my end of the double clucks is gonna be lip synced.

jeff kreit
04-20-2003, 03:51 PM
gundog did you see how them guys shot -- that show was the worst i have ever seen jeff

Pete S
04-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Guys I had a calling session whith the good doctor this past Friday.You boys are going to have to practice a whole lot .He makes that call scream.
Pete S

tdulkie2
04-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Who might that BE???

Please share!!

Tim

DUCKSBANE
04-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Practice makes perfect!
Pete- Make sure you get some judges who know what a goose sounds like.

tdulkie2
04-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Was that doctor YOU DB

Tim

DUCKSBANE
04-21-2003, 04:03 AM
Tim- I think he is talking about Dr.Bob.

They spend alot of time together those 2. Hillbilly love:Art: :Art: :Luv: :Luv:

tdulkie2
04-21-2003, 09:51 AM
How you guys been doing DB what's new any thing??

Tim

DUCKSBANE
04-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Doin alright Tim. How about you? Up side- I will start shooting fish in the next week!:TT: Down side- I just found out that I fryed the engine on my duck boat on feb 15. She got me home on 1 cylinder. I dont feel like she owes me anything but its still going to be painfull putting out 5 grand for a new engine:CL: :CY:

Gundog
04-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Jeff - The skybusting shots those guys on SC Outdoors took on a few flights should have been edited out to save them the embarassment. Plastic trash bag decoys, no blinds- sitting on a bucket, $10 calls that sound like %#*, a lab that doesn't retrieve; and they get on TV!! Think I'm gonna by a video camera and retire from my day job! First episode: Gundog at Tim D's Secret Farm!!

DUCKSBANE
04-21-2003, 09:11 PM
GD- You hive up Tims best field and I will give up a striper spot:rf: :CU: :rf:

jeff kreit
04-22-2003, 04:01 AM
gundog if that was goose hunting i will never go again --i think i am going to sc to hunt then geese were dunb with my rig we would have killed every goose in the area did any body else see the show jeff

DUCKSBANE
04-22-2003, 05:28 AM
Whats up Jeff. I missed the show but the 2 things in life that I have always loved are stupid geese and stupid (drunk)women. You just dont want to get married to the stupid ones. :Art: :Art: When are you guys killing snows and canadas combined? Id like to come down next year. We could all shoot at Gregs:cool:

tdulkie2
04-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Never happen -- tell my hunting spots, GD can even meet me for the right TIME in the morning to go????? Shit i even gave him couple days in advance ?? But he did call later that day and said he went to a public feild and HEAD SLAPPED SOME GEESE!!

I 'll give you some STRIPER SPOTS!!!!:OUCH:

Tim

Pete S
04-22-2003, 05:53 PM
Jeff saw the episode you talking about.My 6 year old said it sucked.And he loves any show whith goose or duck wackage.
Pete S

Gundog
04-23-2003, 07:55 AM
OK Tim - I'm guilty as charged...I was 20 min. late ... day after a blizzard... looking for a meeting place I didn't know in the dark... fishtailing on the ice through Middleboro Center at 4:00 IN THE FREEKIN MORNING. Old geezers like me have a hard time getting the body moving before sun-up!! I hope I'm still around when you pass the big 50; you'll be sitting around thinking about the good old days:SE: while I'll be chillin in the Finisher, laying in the Outlaws wondering what happened to my old hunting bud. P.S. Did wack 3 birds that day after sleeping in my truck until a decent hour! :wak:

tdulkie2
04-23-2003, 02:07 PM
:NW: :NW: :NW: :NW:

I'll start you in Sept get up in the morning !!!:LOL: :LOL:

VTblackfoot
04-29-2003, 05:00 AM
I saw that lousy show - what a bunch of CRAP. What a bunch of ...I don't really know what the were, but that WAS NOT GOOSE HUNTING. the worst part was at the end when they said they shoud have shot the last flight - those things were 80 yards high:OM: :OM: glad you guys whatch those shows and laugh through them too.

DUCKSBANE
04-29-2003, 05:02 AM
I missed it! :CL:

VTblackfoot
04-29-2003, 04:01 PM
Actually, i have to come clean - that is how we do it up here too. I have a bunch of 30 gallon Hefty trashbags and a partyhorn; don't think ya need much else - you can see them trachbags movin a mile away. Man you guys are wastin your money on all them thar fancy goose tootin short honkers an yer expensive decooys:BM: :BZ:

DUCKSBANE
04-29-2003, 04:34 PM
VT-I use the same bags for waders. Heftys bags and sneakers! Hell, well get along just fine:DR: