PDA

View Full Version : Feeder heads on Bigfoots

NWMOhunter
03-09-2003, 10:28 AM
I'm getting ready to buy my first set of foots (prob. 2 dozen) and had a question about the heads on the feeder bodies. Are you able to take the heads off and on or are they fixed once you get them on? I've been told they are a pain to get off so it is better to just leave them on for the duration.

What do most of you guys do, take em off or leave em on?

greyghost16
03-09-2003, 11:14 AM
I leave em on.

AL-IA
03-09-2003, 11:36 AM
NWMOhunter.. I leave the heads on and to make sure they don't come off I screwed the heads on with 2" wood screws. I first got the pose I wanted and then attached with screws..AL-IA

FANATIC
03-09-2003, 01:06 PM
we leave them on as well....

huntnfish
03-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Didn't believe me Matt?

kygoose
03-09-2003, 01:56 PM
They are no problem to put on or take off, but we leave em on.

NWMOhunter
03-09-2003, 04:21 PM
No, I believe you Kyle, but I thought I remembered a guy taking them off and on. I've only hunted over foots twice and I thought the guy took them off, but I could have very well been mistaken.

The first time we used only 3 foots on resident geese and they came in like on a string!

I'm still working out the deal. I doubt we'll need any more than 4, but I think we're ready.

Maxima
03-09-2003, 05:32 PM
When the feeders first came out they went on and off easy. Almost too easy, as they fell off when you tried to pick them up and move them. They went to the corkscrew design and solved the problem with the heads falling off. Like everybody said, leave the heads on.

Eric VA
03-09-2003, 07:51 PM
After I flocked all my heads I started taking them off after every hunt. It isn't hard once you get it down.

If you hold the goose under your arm and twist the head around so that it is pointing straight up, all you have to do is apply a little forward pressure to the head at the bill and it will pop right off.

Putting them on is a little harder. You just pay attention to the threads on the body and the grooves on the head and twist them on w/ a little pressure.