PDA

View Full Version : Herters Full Body

salt_river_hntr
03-09-2003, 02:30 PM
I realize this is straying from the norm, but does anyone use herters full bodies; i only have 16 full bodies and i want to add quite a few before next season; just curious what people thought of these since you can get a dozen for the price of 4 foots?

IC-GEESE
03-09-2003, 04:34 PM
First of all what kind of full bodies are you looking for? The reason I ask is there are a number of options.I have used them ever since I began hunting with my dad 30 years ago,and thats all he used before I was even a distant thought.We have made or own ,and bought them also.never had many complaints.The new plastic ones that came out a few yrs. ago are pretty good also.We currently hunt with as many as 600 or as few as one dozen,depending on the conditions.If your looking for positives they are virsitle,reasonably durable.cost much less than alot less than the other brands.If your looking numbers and dont have the heavy pocket book.your knocking at the right door .If you want the beauty and prestigue,better go to hardcores.Im always rotating my stock so if you want some herters let me know. 308-382-3180

salt_river_hntr
03-09-2003, 05:44 PM
i dont really no what i am looking for, but glamour has nothing to do w/ my hunting, productivity has much more to do with it; the hardcores look great, but the price and fears of damaging them scare me away; i want something i can toss in the pick up and not worry about, but will still perform in the field

right now i've got a 1/2 doz bigfoots which are awesome, but on a college budget aren't so awesome; also i have a dozen flatlanders which i like, but aren't real detailed like a foot; i just want to bulk up at an affordable rate

send me a price on those herters crslnd@hotmail.com i dont know when i am going to start purchasing, but i definitely want a much larger spread for next fall

ext. goose
03-09-2003, 06:29 PM
Herters decoys work. DO they look as good as other decoys, No, will they kill geese yes. Good luck.